Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Screaming EPB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

errr great Paul, you'll have successfully ensured that no handbrake is applied as it's a cable RELEASE....... Rolling Eyes

Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4504007th Apr 2009 1:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
matt_tdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

TallPaul wrote:
What about a really big bloke in the passenger seat pulling the emergency cable release?

Not going to be the first to try it thought Whistle

Pulling the emergency cable release would just release the EPB if it was on?

It wouldnt put the handbrake on

Post #4504077th Apr 2009 1:44 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Not as lucky as you StuartK Big Cry ...I experienced my first epb screamer a few days ago, I remember feeling a shuddering sensation (as Gareth mentioned) and at the next pull away at some lights I had to give quite a bit more throttle to get it moving. Then I got the screamer at the end of the (relatively short) journey. I released the park brake, and got out and felt the drums, the N/S was a bit hotter than the other......So after not driving it far for a while, this morning I found out why this happened...........I adjusted the O/S shoes without a problem, then whilst adjusting the N/S, alarm bells started ringing when the adjuster had to be turned 3 times as far as the other side, to lock up the drum. So I took the disc / drum off, and found the linings(well,what was left of them), had completely detached from the shoes Shocked.....Now, 2 yrs ago, this side got pretty hot after being poorly adjusted by a dealer(not Yeovil),the plastic plug for the adjustment hole had actually started to melt from the excessive heat Shocked ....so I guess this is the result of that incompetence......... Rolling Eyes Arrow ........So Nick(TLO) if you are viewing this, SHOPPING LIST- INCOMING from me shortly. Laughing

Post #45300412th Apr 2009 3:24 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

A very big thank you to Nick (TLO), for getting new p/brake shoes etc , to me in super quick time, and reasonable cost....phew), and many thanks to people on this forum for giving out valuable information on how to do this job, (otherwise I'd still be out there now fiddle-faddling about with it Laughing ). D3 up and running again (and no screeching),......fantastic Razz Bow down Bow down

Post #45473615th Apr 2009 8:25 pm
normski

United Kingdom 2006 LR3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueLR3
EPB again

Well after reading some of these problems with the EPB there seem so many issues all very similar, my own was replaced at a cost of £500 and now after 15 months and 22000 miles i have been told that it as packed up, it came with 12 month warrenty. it all started with all the warning lights and jammed on pulled the emergancy release and took it to my local independant dealer and they checked it all and said it was the unit again can any one tell me the time it takes to replace the park control unit i have done 87000 miles with this being the only niggle lucky than some i suppose?? Big Cry
 normski  
Post #48119214th Jun 2009 1:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >