Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Second hand values of GS with options v XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Second hand values of GS with options v XS

I think on reflection I agree with gentleman on another thread that while new fabric quite nice and improved over D3, for resale, people do now expect leather on this class of vehicle.

OK say plan to keep for long time, but can't rule out circumstances forcing sale. Am I going to come unstuck having GS + leather and some other options (but not bright pack, rather have active locking diff) as opposed to XS. What I'm getting at is spec. reflecting my priorities, i.e. GS with leather, powerfold mirrors, roof rails, htd front seats, full size spare, locking diff.and tow pack.Still comes in at x£000s less than base XS - obviously lacks auto wipers,mirror, lights, upgrade audio and satnav. I just don't think I can afford XS with essential add -ons. Would my vehicle be just viewed as standard GS for resale?

I'd even sacrifice metallic, but I think D4 looks crap in white - good on RRS though if you like that sort of thing

Post #74691714th Jan 2011 10:24 pm
Ted Newman

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4
Re: Second hand values of GS with options v XS

nigelc wrote:
I'd even sacrifice metallic, but I think D4 looks crap in white - good on RRS though if you like that sort of thing

Stick a big red cross on the door - looks great then Laughing
 LR Discovery 4 XS pulling an Airstream 532 Caravan also own (since new) a 1996 MGF  
Post #74692114th Jan 2011 10:32 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

If it helps, I have ordered my Commercial with leather as I suspect that this will raise it way above the others on offer when I come to sell and therefore enhance the value.

Likewise, the Fun Prevention Officer had an XS version of the F2 and when we came to change it, I looked at the various costs and felt mighty mean in getting her a GS with the addition of leather upholstery...

This had the unintentional side effect of getting her armrests (completely unexpected...) but the vehicle is superb and looks considerably better than a standard fabric covered GS. She rarely needs the sat nav and has a portable one should the need arise but is well and truly chuffed with the new car...

I would suggest it's worth going for...
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #74765316th Jan 2011 2:48 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4
Re: Second hand values of GS with options v XS

nigelc wrote:

GS with leather, powerfold mirrors, roof rails, htd front seats, full size spare, locking diff.and tow pack.

Similar to the spec I'd like to get:

GS
Leather
Metallic
Heated front
Roof rails
Full size spare

Are my ideal minimum spec. I'd also want the tow electrics, but would transfer the tow bar from my D3.

Not much else I really need (few things I'd like), but the stereo is a problem.
I want ipod connectivity and buying a car now without DAB seems nuts.

I actually think that the Government ought to make it compulsory that any new car sold now (with a radio) has DAB capability. But, maybe that's a whole topic to itself!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #74924019th Jan 2011 2:25 pm
pcregeen

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

A GS will always only be worth GS money. However with the leather you would have the desirability and as such should be able to shift easier (even if not for more money) than fabric ones.

Consider buying the fabric version and having leather seats by getting fabric covered. I had it done in my old "S" D3. I think in doncaster area for around £1100 for all seven seats. Leather quality far better than LR and cheaper than specifying as an option

Pete

Post #74924819th Jan 2011 2:31 pm
macar

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I've just taken delivery of a D4 GS, fully spec'ed, only items I could'nt get were sunroof (always went wrong on my D3 HSE) and sat nav (not as good as a Garmin/Tom Tom) so got exactly what I wanted incl 20'' alloys all for £42k. Saving 12k on equivlent HSE. I worked out that based on current values, after 5 years the HSE would be worth £22k, the GS £18k. overall saving £1,200pa.

Post #7550691st Feb 2011 2:34 pm
mickyd4

United Kingdom 

I'd say anyone thinking of D4's should hold on for a few more months with their d3's or whatever motor they currently have! With old Derv going through the roof Big Cry and that "unfriendly" time of summer for the 4x4 market, i reckon prices will nosedive making some very good 1 year old D4's for reasonable money, not the large premiums that are being paid at the minute! Neutral

Post #77763822nd Mar 2011 11:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >