Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Second row heated seats into non heated D3 se? 56my
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
andy.p

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Second row heated seats into non heated D3 se? 56my

I have just got hold of a fridge console for my D3 and in the back are switches for the heated seats, looked at loads of videos of swaps done on rear seat retro fitting but checked my 2 outside rears and can't find any wires on my seats,not even for the seat belt sensors! Is this normal? My question is can the retro fit be done to upgrade to heated seats and if so are the wires tucked away somewhere for the switches and the seats and do I also need a module for the rear ones or is everything fitted (loom) when car was built but not used. I did read on here somewhere that someone thought that the rear outer seats had the heater pads fitted as standard just not connected !!! Can anyone confirm any truth in that please before I buy the heated seats.
I do have the full electric/heated front seats as standard.

Post #214673517th May 2020 12:55 pm
andy.p

Just picked up the two outer middle row heated seats on Ebay for £100 woo hoo! all I have to do now is swap the fabric off and replace with my leather!! and maybe my foam pads too should keep me busy for a day or so,plus got to dig out the plugs to connect them up as I have the two plugs in the back of the console I assume the seat plugs are burried in the C post or under the carpet somewhere are the modules fitted under the seats or do I need to get them too? as not picking the seats up until tomorrow and not seen them yet.

Post #214710518th May 2020 4:52 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just in case you plan to use heater pads from fabric seats with leather please note there is a temperature difference in the pads between those for leather and those for cloth interiors - make sure they dont get too hot for the leather as I cant remember which ay around it is.
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #214711318th May 2020 5:33 pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

On my previous D4, the loom with the connectors was tucked under the carpet somewhere near the C-pillars. There was also an additional loom that connected the switches at the rear of the console to the connection, for I think the lighter socket and also fed forward to join in the main control loom. You may already have this if you bought the console as one unit.

Post #214714018th May 2020 7:58 pm
andy.p

Thanks for the info re difference about the heat pads, and also thanks re the plugs, I have found the plugs in the back of the console, it was the plug/loom to the seats I needed to locate as my SE was not fitted with rear heated seats as standard, the fridge box and console thats coming has the seat heater switches hence I thought I would upgrade the rear seats to heated ones.
Cheers Inigo and darrind for the input.

Post #214715018th May 2020 8:38 pm
andy.p

darrind wrote:
Just in case you plan to use heater pads from fabric seats with leather please note there is a temperature difference in the pads between those for leather and those for cloth interiors - make sure they dont get too hot for the leather as I cant remember which ay around it is.

Is it a case of changing the module ie is it a different module for leather or are the heater pads the difference?

Post #214733919th May 2020 5:10 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

From what I can remember the heater pad is different between leather and fabric, for the bases but I cant confirm what the operating temperature is for each think it applied to the front and the back, and I remember when i bought the replacement heater pad

Heres the picture of the front seats listed - cant see a difference for the rears but worth checking just to be sure

Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #214734219th May 2020 5:37 pm
andy.p

Cheers for that, at those prices its cheaper to get the second hand ones and just swap the trim over, just cant find black second row only seats and I'm not paying £500 for a full set of 7 just for the middle row outside heated seats. when I can get just the 3 (2) in cream for £149 inc postage, no brainer me thinks, or just make sure the cloth heaters are set to low if they get to hot.

Post #214734719th May 2020 6:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >