Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Second Service 'Missed' ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

The solution is simple - reject the car as not sold as described. Demand a full refund. There are plenty more Discos to choose from out there...

You have full rights under the sale of goods act 1979 (as amended) if you had paid for the vehilce in full prior to collection. Or if you have financed the vehicle, your contract is with the finance company and the supply of good and services act 1973 (as amended) is the one to quote here.

Ironically, you have more rights if the vehicle is financed...

I have done used this against BMW finance on one of their motorbikes that proved to be a lemon. I won. Easy.

Post #61040425th Feb 2010 11:16 pm
Inuit

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The outcome of the missing service was - we got them to put in writing that they had completed the missing B service on top of the A they did before we bought it. We then got them to put in writing that the balance of my maufacturers warranty would not be effected and the extra warranty we got (which is the AA, which is a whole other story) would not be effected either. So we are fully covered. They also confirmed in wriiting they where unable to confirm the 2nd service being carried out. It has only had one owner before us, really do not understand why anyone would spend that sort of money and not have a service done!

Somnio - I do believe you have the right to take the car back, but if you wish to keep it like we did, insisit that they put in writing that any warranty you have is not effected by the missing service and get them to do an extra one to bring it sort of up to date (though you look as though you lieve a distance away).

Oh and they had not filled in the service book to say the recalls had been done - Somino is yours was one in the recall range - check your book. They had done mine, they just seem really bad with paperwork.

I also had a very badly corroded wheel, which i think was covered up by Trinity and did not come to light until I washed the car, took it Sturgess and all is OK as it is being covered by the manufacturers warranty, but apparently some one else who bought from trinity recently was not quite so lucky as they had done a dodgy refurb job on it.

Unfortuantly Trinity are not an approved dealer anymore though they are an approved service and repair centre. Sounds as though they get the cars that LR cannot sell with a full FSH and landrover warranty.

There are a few things that have come to light which do not add up with Trinity and makes it sound worse as Somino has the same issue, but we made our displeasure known and to be fair to them they did everything we asked, but both myself and my partner where quite forceful and hopefully they gave the car a good going over.

i did toy with taking it back and asking for a refund, but it had the spec i wanted at a fair market price and they did do (have to trust them on that) the extras i asked of them and i did a part ex. Wouldnt be rushing back there though.

Post #61077026th Feb 2010 3:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >