Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Service Indicator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

i had the same trouble with the mirrors not returning, dealer put in a new ECU but it is worse than the old one mirrors have even stayed dipped when in Drive. Dealer is looking into it but not heard anything for a few weeks. More worried about the fact that i need another compressor, car went into dragster mode the other day and took ages to get it to level.
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #404632nd Feb 2006 4:59 am
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

discodownunder wrote:
i had the same trouble with the mirrors not returning, dealer put in a new ECU but it is worse than the old one mirrors have even stayed dipped when in Drive. Dealer is looking into it but not heard anything for a few weeks. More worried about the fact that i need another compressor, car went into dragster mode the other day and took ages to get it to level.

time to get the Jan06 compressor and the software update.

I am still waiting on the dealer to call me to book my car in once the compressor arrives in Oz.
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #404652nd Feb 2006 5:14 am
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm on the list for both, just hope they arrive soon and fix the problem
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #404662nd Feb 2006 5:21 am
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

A couple of recall questions.

I have this week finally taken delivery of my MY2006 TDV6 SE. According to the books in the car the Parking Pawl change (it is one of the cars affected from the Aug 2005 Build) has not been done. The dealer in Queensland swears black and blue that it has been done and checking today at Melbourne LR the LR computer says it has been done. How can I be sure as once would expect a service manager to log it at the time in the cars books when it was done?

Again according to the Melbourne LR check on the Landrover Database it does not need the later air compressor. Again how do I check - is there a SN on the aircompressor on the car and where it is located ? - or - are the 2006 MY Australian Cars all 100 % OK on this issue.

Fantastic car I have to say. Best that I have ever owned.

Edited - By the way, as a trained Pilot if this looks like being pedantic, I have been trained to assume that if "log book" and "computer" and "visual inspection" match they are probably right however if any one of the three don't look right then question it. Why would a Service Manager in Queensland do the Parking Pawl and Not log it in the books?

Post #404802nd Feb 2006 9:38 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The mirror dipping is complicated, and difficult to set-up. I thought I had the same problem, but try this out and let me know if it cures it.

1. Read the manual carefully, and follow the procedure for setting the reverse position. Switch off the ignition and remove the key.

2. Read the manual and set-up the Memory Seat position and the mirror position and memorise it to your chosen button (1,2 or 3)

3. Read the manual and set-up the Lazy Entry settings. (using the same mirror position as in instruction 2)

It might seem that you are repeating things, but I think the lazy entry is using a different memory setting than the seat memory.

I could be speaking a load of rubbish here, but mine seems to be OK now.

Post #404902nd Feb 2006 10:24 am
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Since my last service mine now only some times go back to the set position!
Nether failed B4!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #404922nd Feb 2006 10:34 am
Pelyma

England 

Vo Rogue wrote:

Again according to the Melbourne LR check on the Landrover Database it does not need the later air compressor. Again how do I check - is there a SN on the aircompressor on the car and where it is located ? - or - are the 2006 MY Australian Cars all 100 % OK on this issue.

Compressors are only replaced when they fail. Some have the original compressor and never had a problem. Gareth I think has done 35K miles on the first compressor type. I had 2 of the first type and both went after about 10K miles, my parents went after 3K miles. There has been 3 previous types and a brand new one that came out at the beginning of Jan.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #404942nd Feb 2006 10:45 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yep, over 35500 and still on compressor number 1. No problems at all and still pumping strong Embarassed

Post #404962nd Feb 2006 10:47 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

mmm me to... 36K and no probs.

-s

Post #405082nd Feb 2006 11:24 am
anthill

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Probably a bit late in replying to the original post regarding the service indicator... My TDV6 Feb 05 build, counted down in days, I only noticed it at around 21 days as it flashes up on the screen only for a short time when the ignition is switched on.
 TDV6 SE (Ausie Spec) COOOL Chawton White.  
Post #411726th Feb 2006 9:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SMK

Australia 
Service Indicator

In response to the service indicator. Mine came on last week at 8600 km and started counting down from 21 days. It flashed briefly when the ignition was turned on. Im assuming that it is set for 6 months (which is about right) not kilometers - or maybe it thats it gets a hammering every now and then and decided it neede some attention. Mine is an Aug 05 SE build and I also do not have the folding mirrors.

The suspension fault has started to come on intermittently, had it to the dealer and had the software update, but the wife reckons it came on again yesterday - is it time for new compressor?

Post #411926th Feb 2006 11:09 am
Jamo

Australia 
Re: Service Indicator

SMK wrote:

The suspension fault has started to come on intermittently, had it to the dealer and had the software update, but the wife reckons it came on again yesterday - is it time for new compressor?

I have had an intermittent "Suspension warning". From last friday it's permanent. The compressor has ceased all functioning. The car is stuck between access height and normal height and I can't drive it cause I get seasick!

According to the Tchnical Bulletin re failed compressors, any car prior to VIN 6A374641 may experience a fault where the exhaust valve sticks. The compressor is to be replaced "Should a customer express concern"
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #411966th Feb 2006 11:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
"i" settings on the indicator stalk

Vo Rogue,

Changes to the settings can only be accessed if you have the upspec radio with the volume controls on the steering wheel. Basically not available on S or SE. I presume you have SE?

I'm led to beleive that the dealer can change via PCU when in for service though? I'm not sure if you can activate the auto door lock etc on the SE spec?

Cheers
Moby
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #4251215th Feb 2006 12:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >