Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Service Indicator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Lex

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Service Indicator

Does anyone know if the service indicator is functional on Australian models?I can't get a service date or distance to service to appear on my screen.Also my mirrors don't fold as per the handbook [ie by using the toggle switch] ,I assume that this may be another "inoperative feature"
 TDV6 HSE Zambezi/Tundra  
Post #3988229th Jan 2006 10:41 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Same worldwide I do believe, another feature that didn't quite make it to production models Sad
 The End  
Post #3988329th Jan 2006 10:50 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I think you will find the indicator will come on 600 miles before service is due. It did on mine, but mine is Nov 04, 06 model maybe different.

Post #3989629th Jan 2006 11:47 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I actually read somewhere that the service indicator is not functional on the Australian Spec Models.

I'm more annoyed that the auto folding in of the mirrors doesn't work.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #3991130th Jan 2006 5:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Lex,

I tried the procedure of pressing the button on the dash when the car is turned on, but no service indicator came up.
BUT - it did come up when it was due for it's 6 month service (didn't manage the 12000kms in 6mnths since it was in the service centre getting suspension faults fixed!!). It came up 1 month before it was due .... not sure about the mileage based though ....

oh and mirrors folding - no go .... manual only ...
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #3991230th Jan 2006 5:54 am
CL

New Zealand 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Models in NZ do not have the service date indicator as per the manual. Ask the dealer and he said that that feature is not selected for our local spec., and that you should see a days countdown to the next service. No need to push the button, to bring up the days. When you do it just resets the trip counter Evil or Very Mad

Have not noticed the countdown but had noticed a negative count after the due date (set at 6 months service - regardless of distance).

Are you guys referring to the toggle switch on the mirror adjust to fold the mirrors in?
 DS4 SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey  
Post #4004730th Jan 2006 7:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Jamo wrote:
I actually read somewhere that the service indicator is not functional on the Australian Spec Models.

Was this a feature ever in any release of the D3. I haven't seen this in the manual even as a "future option".

That's what the passenger is for Laughing Probably not tempermental like the gizmos are on the D3.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #4020131st Jan 2006 3:37 am
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Perhaps one or both of these items are setable by LR Dealers. My manual says both are there but neither works - car delivered yesterday Very Happy Very Happy so I have been reading manual and gradually getting things set up as I want. them.

Few odd things happening though like when I drove the demo model the gear selected by the Auto was shown on the left side of the display (Left side of vertical line) whether in normal or sports/maunal mode. On my one it doesnt.

Post #4020231st Jan 2006 6:08 am
bashir

my gear indicator only comes up on the dash in manual (or CommandShift) mode .... Sport shows Sport on the dash and Normal Auto just shows D

(what options?!) 

Post #4020331st Jan 2006 6:24 am
CL

New Zealand 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

The HSE models in NZ come with the auto (motorised) folding mirrors, so they do exist, the SE requires the manual adjustment to fold the mirrors.

Looks like the Australian and NZ 'base' models are configured differently.
 DS4 SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey  
Post #4020431st Jan 2006 6:49 am
Jamo

Australia 

PCH wrote:
Jamo wrote:

Was this a feature ever in any release of the D3. I haven't seen this in the manual even as a "future option".

That's what the passenger is for Laughing Probably not tempermental like the gizmos are on the D3.

Chris

Yes Chris, both features are in the manual.

But your right about the temperamental part. After reversing, my mirrors don't always go back to the position that they started from!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #4022231st Jan 2006 1:16 pm
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The solution to avoid further frustation is to turn the function off Confused

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #403091st Feb 2006 12:15 am
bashir

Jamo wrote:

Yes Chris, both features are in the manual.

But your right about the temperamental part. After reversing, my mirrors don't always go back to the position that they started from!

Jamo, I have the issue with the mirrors - the dealer said the memory module in the seat needed upgrading which happened earlier this month.
But guess what - made no difference ...

With both lazy entry on and mirror dipping on, I regularly have to press my memory button to fix the positions .... i guess turning them off would fix it, but I do like having these options turned on ... until they come up with a permanent fix, i'll have to keep pressing the memory button ... Confused

(what options?!) 

Post #403121st Feb 2006 12:29 am
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Well the issues that I have found so far that seem to be Australian Model incompatabilities/discrepencies in either the manuals or the sales documentation are not many. I am assuming for the moment that the auto gear selection indication that I have is normal and the demonstrator was just haveing a bad day.

1) Sales documentation and manuals say MP3 should be compatable. It isnt.

2) On my vehicle there is no way to access the "settings menu" for the user functions. The manual requires a "blank screen" however the external temp is always on display and the "settings menu" is not accessable. Not a big deal unless you want mpg rather than l/100 km displayed and so on.

3) Fold mirrors are not on the car. Mind you they were not promised either so not a big deal and if you read the manual very carefully you can see that the fold mirror cars knob is graphic'd slightly differently than the one I have.

Other than this very very short list everything works perfectly and oh boy what a car - best car I have ever owned for sure.

Post #403281st Feb 2006 10:18 am
Jamo

Australia 

The settings Menu should be accessible.

You need to be stationary though, as it won't function if the car is moving.

Just keep pressing the 'i' button on the end of the stalk until it comes to settings. The screen doesn't necessarily need to be blank.

If this doesn't work, then see your dealer.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #403301st Feb 2006 11:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >