Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Service plan and warranty direct
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Steve B

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Service plan and warranty direct

Not sure this is the correct part of the forum to post this but I am sure it will be moved if not

My 2012 D4 is coming up for its big 7 year service in June. I have had the car 3 years and purchased it from Stratstone Landrover in Doncaster who also sold me a 3 year service plan at the same time provided my EMAC Ltd

I had the first service done by Stratstone Doncaster but at the time of the second service last year they were taken over but JCT600. As the car was already booked in they carried out the service as part of the service plan.

I have been told they will not do the 3rd service due in June under the plan which leaves me with a few options

1) find the nearest Stratstone landrover dealer to me to do the service. As I am just outside of Hull I believe the nearest ones are possibly in Nottingham or Middlesbrough both of which don't really work.

2) use my local landrover independent ( who I use occasionally and do an excellent job and is a mile down the roadšŸ‘ ) and cancel the service plan getting a refund of amount outstanding for the final service less an admin fee of Ā£25 šŸ˜”

At the moment I am inclined to use option 2 . My issue with this is that I have am in the second year of a 3 year warranty direct plan and am concerned as to whether the fact that I have used an Indy rather than a dealer for the service this will impact any future claims

If anyone has been in a similar situation with WD and can give me an indication on how they treat non dealer servicing I would be very grateful

Post #205495721st May 2019 6:57 pm
T2BTK

Belgium 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Montalcino RedDiscovery 4

Pretty sure that legally a warranty can't be affected by where the car's serviced as long as the indy uses genuine LR parts.

Post #205499921st May 2019 9:56 pm
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

My WD plan just states it must be serviced to manufacturers recommendations by a VAT registered garage , within 30 days or 1000 miles of the due date/mileage. I have had a mixture of LR dealer & independent servicing and have had no issues with claims.

Post #205500221st May 2019 10:08 pm
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Iā€™ve had multiple claims over the years with WD, all settled without any quibble and all work done by an Indy.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #205508122nd May 2019 10:05 am
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

As for genuine parts my Warantywise policy which has just expired and will be replaced with waranty direct as I believe they will cover the crank, have just refused to pay out on a claim as the LR dealer wanted to use OEM genuine parts and they would only pay for spurious parts or refurbs Shocked
They stated in the end they would pay 10% of the genuine part ..... Censored
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her stillā€¦ 

Post #205509222nd May 2019 10:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Washwipe

England 

T2BTK wrote:
Pretty sure that legally a warranty can't be affected by where the car's serviced as long as the indy uses genuine LR parts.

Not quite, doesnā€™t have to be genuine, parts must be of equal quality or better.

Post #205519222nd May 2019 5:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >