Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Servicing Costs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Husky

Australia 
Servicing Costs

We asked our dealer about servicing costs before ordering. We were told that LR Australia had reduced the costs of servicing over recent years and were informed that the first 4 services combined came to around $800 (an average of around $200 each).

Just wondered if this sounded about right to those who have had their vehicle serviced here is Australia? UK pricing sounds much more expensive going by other forum posts I have seen.

Post #4333220th Feb 2006 10:49 pm
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Our first service cost $294, $100 lab for service, $50 rotate and balance (mistake asked for wrong thing!!!), $107 for parts plus dredded GST.
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #4337321st Feb 2006 3:48 am
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

how does 3 year free servicing sound ??

Wink Very Happy
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #4337621st Feb 2006 7:12 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

bashir wrote:

Wink Very Happy

Corporate program huh!!!

Do you get a decent loan car. My dealer only can muster a crappy Ford Focus.

I complained and arranged a better vehicle and got a Jag X type for 2 days last week. I still prefer my D3. Jag 3.0 lt felt under powered compared to my TDV6. Wouldn't spen $100K one one either.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #4340821st Feb 2006 12:49 pm
Husky

Australia 

Thanks for the feedback guys Smile

Yes I had only just heard about the corporate program myself and it does sound good but since we have already signed I can't see it happening now.

Our dealer has promised to provide a vehicle of similar size when available from his stock at servicing time. We agreed to this before ordering. The safety of my wife and baby who will be using the car most of the time is one of the main reasons for purchasing the Disco 3.

I just hope he is true to his word and we don't end up with their ford focus loan car! Only time will tell...........

Post #4352521st Feb 2006 9:38 pm
PCH

Husky wrote:

Yes I had only just heard about the corporate program myself and it does sound good but since we have already signed I can't see it happening now.

Our dealer has promised to provide a vehicle of similar size when available from his stock at servicing time. We agreed to this before ordering. The safety of my wife and baby who will be using the car most of the time is one of the main reasons for purchasing the Disco 3.

I just hope he is true to his word and we don't end up with their ford focus loan car! Only time will tell...........

Husky,

If your company is eligible for the Corporate program and you get a vehicle allowance as part of your salary package then what have you got to loose with asking. You will get a discount of the RRP price, free window tint, floor mats, free servicing for 3 years, courtesy car. I'm sure the contract you signed can have an amendment made to it.

Give it a whirl - nothing to loose.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #4354421st Feb 2006 10:47 pm
bashir

PCH wrote:
bashir wrote:

Wink Very Happy

Corporate program huh!!!

Do you get a decent loan car. My dealer only can muster a crappy Ford Focus.

I complained and arranged a better vehicle and got a Jag X type for 2 days last week. I still prefer my D3. Jag 3.0 lt felt under powered compared to my TDV6. Wouldn't spen $100K one one either.

Chris

yeah - corporate plans do come in handy ....

i've had a variety of D3 loan cars - mainly a HSE V8 (which has now been sold), D3 S packs - V6, TDV6 and a sh*tty Volvo XC90.
The service guy gave me the Volvo to compare ... once my car was ready to be picked up I returned it ASAP. Was more than happy to have air suspension issues in my D3 than drive a XC90 - gives me shivers thinking about it again... the only thing i did like about it was the wooden steering wheel and that's it.
The service guy laughed.

I have asked for a RRS - the service guy said he has been trying to get one as a loaner, but has been having trouble in that once they are in, they are sold .... hmmmm ....

Nothing feels as solid as a D3 on or off the road ... Very Happy

(what options?!) 

Post #4354821st Feb 2006 10:50 pm
bashir

PCH wrote:
Husky wrote:

Husky,

If your company is eligible for the Corporate program and you get a vehicle allowance as part of your salary package then what have you got to loose with asking. You will get a discount of the RRP price, free window tint, floor mats, free servicing for 3 years, courtesy car. I'm sure the contract you signed can have an amendment made to it.

Give it a whirl - nothing to loose.

Chris

Husky - i totally agree with PCH on this one.

When I told the dealer who i worked for, they said i didn't qualify - so i said Censored and continued on bargaining.
Next thing I know (and this is after my wife and I had signed the contract of sale), he told me that my wife's employer was registered on the corporate plans and all she had to do was hand over a business card. As long as it was processed before we picked up the car (and processed with the contract of sale) then it would be ok.
Well, we now have 3 yrs free servicing ...
So you have absolutely nothing to lose ... I am sure if you qualify, the dealer will be most accommodating - otherwise go see another one !

(what options?!) 

Post #4355121st Feb 2006 10:54 pm
Husky

Australia 

Thanks guys your feedback has been a big help Smile I will certianly give it a go and see if the contract can be ammended to include the corporate program.

My dealer is already at the stage of 'everything is an effort' because of the deal he had to do on the car to get our business BUT I will try. We have signed for a 06 build TDV6 SE with rear air for $75,499 drive away.

Post #4356422nd Feb 2006 12:04 am
bashir

Husky wrote:
Thanks guys your feedback has been a big help Smile I will certianly give it a go and see if the contract can be ammended to include the corporate program.

My dealer is already at the stage of 'everything is an effort' because of the deal he had to do on the car to get our business BUT I will try. We have signed for a 06 build TDV6 SE with rear air for $75,499 drive away.

the corporate program has been setup through Land Rover Australia and not the dealer .... the service centre just charges any work directly to LRAus.
don't think he is doing you a favour if you qualify for the corporate program - it's LRAus that gives you the benefit.
my dealer told me the same thing - done me a great deal, not much room for any margin ..... end of the day, look after number 1 - You !!
Enjoy the D3 when you get it Very Happy

(what options?!) 

Post #4356922nd Feb 2006 12:42 am
PCH

Yep, agree with Bashir.

The dealer only wanted a business card to attach with the contract. I prepared a letter from my company as well but that wasn't really important to the dealer. They just need to check your company against their list of approved Corporates.

Pretty simple really.

Chris

Post #4357722nd Feb 2006 6:24 am
Baggy

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Bashir's right.....

I spoke to one of the sales guys here in Sydney, yesterday - If you're on their list they send the details to LR who provides the discount and covers the servicing. The discount is about $1,700 and they estimate the service cost savings to be about $4k (over 3 years). I didn't know about the mats and window tint though!! I was told the service loan car is part of the service whether its a corporate deal or not. Apparently, LR supply the loan cars to the dealers based on their service throughput.

Regarding the corporate rate - I was also told if your company is not on their list, they will give you an application form to submit to LR. But, the company has to be >$50million and have more then "x" (I'm not sure how many) number of employees who are entitled to company cars (or vehicle allowance/novated lease). Have a senior manager sign it and submit.

Vic.
 '11 TDV6 - Stornoway Grey.... still lovin' it!!

REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASSES.......Eat more BEEF!!
Addendum: Red wine goes REALLY well with BEEF 

Post #4387823rd Feb 2006 1:09 pm
Husky

Australia 

Hiya Vic,
just answered your post on my other dealer thread, you have been busy today Very Happy

I did speak to LR Australia yesterday and unfortunately my business does not meet their requirements. I even tried my wifes company, she is a GP and her employer runs a small private hospital, unfortunately they are not eligable because they only have two company cars.

Going back to my original reason for this post. You mentioned a saving of around 4k for servicing over 3 years. Our dealer told us the first four services combined cost a total of approx $800 and that this pricing cycle continues for life of the vehicle. It was this claim that I was trying to verify.

If this were true then with the corporate program you would need 20 services in 3 yrs to get back the $4,000. Something does not seem to add up or am I missing something?

Post #4402023rd Feb 2006 10:42 pm
SMK

Australia 

discodownunder,

I assuming that your service was at the Northern Suburbs dealer. My wife got ours back Wednesday after the first service (9k) and it was $550 including loan car. It seems that they have gone to town, as I work FIFO I haven't seen the detail yet but it will be interesting to see the breakdown against what you have listed.

Post #4411924th Feb 2006 2:16 am
PCH

Husky wrote:

Going back to my original reason for this post. You mentioned a saving of around 4k for servicing over 3 years. Our dealer told us the first four services combined cost a total of approx $800 and that this pricing cycle continues for life of the vehicle. It was this claim that I was trying to verify.

I have personally seen the service cost for each scheduled service at my dealer. It has a cycle. I can't remember the $'s exactly but I think $800 was about right for the first 2 years. This doesn't include parts that would be needed outside the routine services (eg oil filter, oil, filters etc...). Once you got to brake pads etc... this would be additional.

I think my dealer also displayed this schedule servicing cost on their counter for each LR vehicle.

Chris

Post #4412224th Feb 2006 6:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >