Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Servicing LR3 yourself
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
garrycol

Australia 

You will find the D3 service schedule here - second post down.

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/d3-d4-rrs/110457...edule.html

Post #10316409th Jan 2013 11:06 am
Boofrmb

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Another Question. The D3 hit the 7 yr (84 months)this month. I believe this is a hugh service, new timing belt / tensioner, and every thing else. My question, as my D3 has only done 42,000km, should I do the service, or have it done, knowing I have another 168,000km before the next.
Love some advice.

Reagrds

Rob
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE in Zambezi Silver
1948 Series 1 SWB Soft Top in Standard green 

Post #103211310th Jan 2013 3:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jeff66

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

One thing I have found is how much of a rip of land rover is for servicing. I called the local land rover dealership last week to see how much it is for the 120k service, they said it would be $900. When I enquired about what was included in the service, what they read back to me sounded like a , pollen filter, oil and oil filter change plus some checks. So I asked if they could confirm why it was so much, I was told that the service manager would call me back. Which after 3 days no call.
So I recalled the service department again, finally I was told that the service included a change of the transfer case oil, which sells for around $100 a litre.
Not being happy with that I called ultratune to see how much they would change, in the end they quoted $450 and when I enquired if that included the transfer case oil change as well they said yes. One thing they told me is that the transfer case oil cost them $60 a litre and was already included in the quoted price. Well the car is booked in with them on Monday. So will have to see how it goes.
 ATACAMA SAND SE ,V6 PETROL, AUTO ,WINDOW TINT ,SIDE STEPS, SPORTS ROOF RACKS, ARB BULLBAR, KAYMAR REAR BUMPER TWIN TYRE, HID SPOTLIGHTS, TX3540 RADIO, ICOM 400PRO, GPS, DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM, MITCHELL BROS TOW HITCH.  
Post #116100021st Sep 2013 2:46 pm
garrycol

Australia 

If using Ultratune - don't believe everything they say. They do not do everything, they do not have the equipment to do everything and they do not even know the service schedule - they use a generic one. I had mine done there and the fuel filter was not changed because they could not find it and they could not read the codes and were not able to reset the service indicator.

Where are they getting the tfr case oil from - in Aust the only place is a dealer.

By all means use Ultrtune BUT go into it with your eyes open and check everything.

Garry

Post #116122822nd Sep 2013 4:31 am
jeff66

Ultratune completed the service, they changed everything as per what land rover informed me was part of the service, even gave me the leftover transfer case oil. (They can buy it for $60 a litre, not $100 that land rover charges) But as you said they were unable to reset the service indicator. So with the money I saved I have ordered an IIBTool.
Jeff
 ATACAMA SAND SE ,V6 PETROL, AUTO ,WINDOW TINT ,SIDE STEPS, SPORTS ROOF RACKS, ARB BULLBAR, KAYMAR REAR BUMPER TWIN TYRE, HID SPOTLIGHTS, TX3540 RADIO, ICOM 400PRO, GPS, DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM, MITCHELL BROS TOW HITCH.  
Post #116532030th Sep 2013 10:35 pm
WillyEckerslike

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

garrycol wrote:
......Where are they getting the tfr case oil from - in Aust the only place is a dealer.....

Garry, not necessarily, PM sent.

Post #116532430th Sep 2013 10:50 pm
jeff66

Yes they brought it from the dealer, its even says that on the one litre container they gave me. Just that they are not charging make up
Jeff
Post #116533630th Sep 2013 11:57 pm
garrycol

Australia 

WillyEckerslike wrote:
garrycol wrote:
......Where are they getting the tfr case oil from - in Aust the only place is a dealer.....

Garry, not necessarily, PM sent.

Yes thanks - that seller is a major independent and can provide all services and parts as would a dealer.

You cannot buy the oil through Supercheap or Repco etc - you need to get it from a Landrover parts supplier.

Cheers

Garry

Post #11653421st Oct 2013 1:27 am
WillyEckerslike

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yes very true that it isn't available through the well known aftermarket suppliers, or through the usual big oil company ranges, but there are a few small selected places dotted around meaning that you don't have to buy at the dealer prices.

Post #11653451st Oct 2013 4:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >