Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Servicing - Price Matching
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

My fault entirely SJR.

Duncan has some drilling to do tomorrow for which he'll need a steady hand. I suggested that a few stiff drinks might help!!
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #42609721st Feb 2009 12:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nealgs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

[quote="DiscoDunc"]cos it needs a 90k service in Arpil, warranty runs out in July, 105k service probably not due until September and its been upto its A Censored e in mud etc so belts etc perhaps should have been done under arduous service.

quote]

Not possible to go for an extended Tesco warranty before you hit the 100K mark DD? would in theory cover you for a 12mth period (i believe that's how it works)

regards
Gary
 Gone: Java Black TDV6, Auto, HSE - yum, yum Smile
(Gone: 96' V8 ES Charleston Green, 96 V8 ES Black)
Toy: Southern Roadcraft Cobra, 383ci Chevy V8

Club - HiVis Smile
Club - Disco3.co.uk Round Stickers
Club - Disco3.co.uk External Badge 

Post #4490083rd Apr 2009 1:54 pm
Richard Thompson

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I got a price from Hunters Guidford and they quoted £600. Hence why I didn't buy my latest Disco from them and won't use them for servicing. I need to get a tow bar fitted for bike carrier and I wouldn't like to think what they will charge. Hence why I will do a 200 mile round trip (fuel paid for luckily!) to Yeovil.

Tommo
 Tommo  
Post #4517099th Apr 2009 2:56 pm
SimonR

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Re: Servicing - Price Matching

philhunt wrote:
When my 4th annual (B) service was due I checked this site and rang a couple of local main dealers and good independents to get a price guide.

When I rang the dealership where I'd bought the car (Lookers Land Rover, Chelmsford) and asked them to pricematch, I quoted Land Rover Yeovil's discounted Forum price of £340 and the £350 I had been quoted by Ongar Bridge in Essex. Lookers responded with a quote of £294 all in which I accepted thinking that the VAT would bring the final price up to the Yeovil price.

Lookers collected the car earlier this week and returned it after the service. Nice valet job (Snowdonia and Yarwell event evidence all gone) and a replacement high tone horn done under extended warranty. Paid the bill and was surprised that the £294 I had originally been quoted turned out to be £294.88p but inclusive of VAT!

Does the (B) service mean anything different ?

I have just called Lookers in Chelmsford as I need a new expansion tank and as the 4th Service is due in September, I thought I would check out their prices
I knew Ongar Bridge was £373 - I bought the car from them and they have done every service and mot todate

Lookers quoted £ 400.91 and said it was discounted from £600+ (their lifetime discount is supposed to be 20%)and then confirmed that they would price match Ongar Bridge

How did they quote and charge £294 for a supposed £600 service ?

Post #49900823rd Jul 2009 3:55 pm
philhunt

Re: Servicing - Price Matching

SimonR wrote:

How did they quote and charge £294 for a supposed £600 service ?

Only Lookers can answer that - I posted a copy of my invoice in my Gallery
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #49902423rd Jul 2009 4:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SimonR

Very nice !

Any idea what the "allegiance discount" is ?

Post #49940024th Jul 2009 2:11 pm
philhunt

I can only guess that it was the forerunner of their Loyalty Scheme. I didn't get my vehicle's Loyalty Card until quite some time after the service.

The price they quoted me could have course been a mistake but which they honoured.

Post #49941324th Jul 2009 2:45 pm
JamesG01

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

SimonR
I recommend you give 10forCash (Iain from Offroad Essentials) a ring. He did a thorough once-over of my (supposedly) recently serviced new purchase. He came up with a list of issues that needed sorting (and some which should have been done in the previous two services), and sorted them. He also did not do anything that was not necessary; I can attest to that, as the price I paid for his remedial work was significantly less than his quote! Whistle Thumbs Up

He's got a customer for life in me, and I shall be going to him for my subsequent services. Thumbs Up

Regards,
James

Post #49942524th Jul 2009 3:21 pm
SimonR

Thanks I will do.

I used to use a one person band for my previous Discos 1 and 2 and have only used Ongar Bridge since I bought from them 2 years ago (Lookers couldn't even be bothered to get out of their seats when my wife was looking at the used vehicles).

The only reason I looked at Lookers again was that they are in Chelmsford (where I am) and they had sent me a twenty percent discount scheme for the car earlier in the year and I was talking to the Parts dept to replace the coolant expansion tank.

Post #49945524th Jul 2009 5:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >