DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

shawn - TDV6 SE Auto - collect it next week
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
shawn - TDV6 SE Auto - collect it next week

hi all
i have just had a call to say my new d3 is with the dealer and i can collect it on tuesday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

is there anything i need to check or ask as i have never purchased a new vehicle before will i get handed the keys after paying and told see you later or will it be a thorough going over of the vehicle.

i really dont know what to expect and dont know what questions to ask, what do you lot think, cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #1936623rd Sep 2005 8:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Shawn, if you are going to Hunters, they will look after you well, make sure you're happy with the basics (the EPB takes some getting used to, as does the turbo lag below 12 / 1500) essentials are:, check it it the spec you ordered, the reg. No is the same front & back (yes, really Shocked ) and the paint is OK. if you feel it's necassary, ask for a test drive before you sign for it and ask for a copy of the PDI - to check over when you get home....
If you've not done it already, you need to let them have your insurance cover note so they can tax it for you...
Look forward to seeing another '55' around Derby & Burton
It took 2 hours for my handover, most of which was vehicle familiarisation....

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #1936923rd Sep 2005 8:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

10forcash
i am not using hunters but the company seems fine i will check paint etc just wondered if ther were any faults people had in common when collecting new vehicles, dont know if you purchased from hunters but i could not get them down on price so i went else where
cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #1937123rd Sep 2005 8:23 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Ask them if they have reset the Service Indicator so that you don't get a random service message after about 250 miles.

Post #1937723rd Sep 2005 8:37 pm
10forcash

shawn wrote:
10forcash
i am not using hunters but the company seems fine i will check paint etc just wondered if ther were any faults people had in common when collecting new vehicles, dont know if you purchased from hunters but i could not get them down on price so i went else where
cheers shawn
Shawn, ordered mine early May when there were no discounts to be had Embarassed That said, I did get a few things not on the option list and I would say that Hunters in Derby are (so far) very customer focussed. I know of others that have bought vehicles from them and the servicing / warranty side has always been tops Thumbs Up
no faults as such, although I did notice three trim clips missing from the N/S front wheelarch, presumably a factory problem, not dealer, they're going to post me the clips to save me going in (my choice)

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #1937823rd Sep 2005 8:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

10forcash

thanks for that, i think hunters customer service was superb but they just would not budge so i went else where to save money but they will get the service work etc as i used them for my old range rover and they were very good, collected car delivered back all valeted good service all round
cheers shawn
Post #1937923rd Sep 2005 8:51 pm
10forcash

still driving with a Very Happy after 10 days - you'll love it! Thumbs Up even sat in it on the drive playing with the sat-nav, yer, I know sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Post #1938123rd Sep 2005 9:05 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
still driving with a Very Happy after 10 days - you'll love it! Thumbs Up even sat in it on the drive playing with the sat-nav, yer, I know sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Had mine since Xmas eve and STILL smile each time I drive it !

-s

Post #1938723rd Sep 2005 9:25 pm
shawn

shawn - just collected my d3 tdv6 se auto

hi all

i have just taken collection of my d3 and wow it is ace, the drive is so smooth and the power compared to my td5 is great.

i have got to sit and work all the gadgets out now, the main one i cannot get to work is the phone kit on blue tooth really not sure on this. i dont seem to be able to get my phone to fit into the bit under the centre console.

has anyone got the phone kit fitted and how does it work

all the best shawn
Post #1997627th Sep 2005 3:36 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hi Shawn, Congratulations Thumbs Up

I've got the aftermarket bluetooth kit (fitted it myself a couple of weeks back) and it seems to work well, the only issue I have is if bluetooth is switched on on the phone when I put the key in the ignition it goes straight into voice command mode until I press accept on the satnav Confused

Assuming the factory fit kit is similar if you tell your phone to search for bluetooth devices it should find the car as 'Land Rover Audio' and you can pair them.

Si
 The End  
Post #1997727th Sep 2005 3:43 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Re: just collected my d3 tdv6 se auto

shawn wrote:
hi all

the main one i cannot get to work is the phone kit on blue tooth really not sure on this. i dont seem to be able to get my phone to fit into the bit under the centre console.

has anyone got the phone kit fitted and how does it work

all the best shawn

What phone do you have, and what cradle has been installed?

Post #1998627th Sep 2005 4:09 pm
10forcash

Shawn, the phone can stay in your pocket for the BT connection, just make sure you've got bluetooth enabled on your phone and, as Slimer says, search for a new device....
I'll PM my mobile no. if you need a walk - through

Cheers,

10forcash
p.s. the connector in the centre console is only for the fully wired integration - you need a phone specific cradle

Post #2003427th Sep 2005 5:31 pm
shawn

hi all

sorted the phone issue and a lot more too thanks to 10forcash just nipped over to see him and had a full run down on the phone and sat nav (must of saved me hours of reading the manual) thanks for thay tfc just need to get familiar with it all and sit back and enjoy

cheers shawn
Post #2009827th Sep 2005 8:26 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

shawn wrote:
thanks to 10forcash just nipped over to see him

Blimey, and you survived Shocked Wonders will never cease Very Happy

Glad you two got it sorted Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #2010027th Sep 2005 8:31 pm
10forcash

Cheers Shawn Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Have fun!
how many miles on it now? Laughing Laughing

Post #2010627th Sep 2005 8:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >