Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Only sheer optimism makes me keep a disco3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Only sheer optimism makes me keep a disco3

I am now on my second D3 in 2005 which has just been rejected under the sale of goods act. Neither of these vehciles has made it past 6000k miles. Both have had new ECU's multiple fuel sender park brake light faults suspension collapse, cruise control failure, a minimum of 3 trips per month to the dealer.( the record was three in one day !) Re-programmed ECU's more times than I can remember.Abs failure,Off Road Programme failure, 4x4 system failure , rear park distance sytsem works sometimes.
The whole dash pod has been replaced on this last one, and the list goes on and on. !!
The dealer seems to think I am a free test driver, LR have offered me a £500 pound gift voucher in compensation and LR Finance claim they do not loan against cars but it is a personal loan ! They obviously have not read the1973 sale of goods act ,implied terms, section.
HELP !!!!!!

Post #313216th Dec 2005 12:42 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Re: Only sheer optimism makes me keep a disco3

Malcolm wrote:
I am now on my second D3 in 2005 which has just been rejected under the sale of goods act. Neither of these vehciles has made it past 6000k miles. Both have had new ECU's multiple fuel sender park brake light faults suspension collapse, cruise control failure, a minimum of 3 trips per month to the dealer.( the record was three in one day !) Re-programmed ECU's more times than I can remember.Abs failure,Off Road Programme failure, 4x4 system failure , rear park distance sytsem works sometimes.
The whole dash pod has been replaced on this last one, and the list goes on and on. !!
The dealer seems to think I am a free test driver, LR have offered me a £500 pound gift voucher in compensation and LR Finance claim they do not loan against cars but it is a personal loan ! They obviously have not read the1973 sale of goods act ,implied terms, section.
HELP !!!!!!

Can I suggest you try a new dealer? or are you tied to them once you buy a car from them. Does the dealer refund you, or does it come from Land Rover?

I can assure you that the D3 can be very good indeed, mine has gone for months without a single issue bar a small problem with the message centre freezing once.

Most of the issues you report are covered on the Land Rover GTR website, and it makes me wonder if your dealer knows his ar*e from his elbow!

Post #313226th Dec 2005 12:50 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Moved into the main forum to keep the issues list tidy Wink
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #313246th Dec 2005 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Malcolm

Re: Only sheer optimism makes me keep a disco3

Gareth wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
HELP !!!!!!

Can I suggest you try a new dealer? or are you tied to them once you buy a car from them. Does the dealer refund you, or does it come from Land Rover?

I can assure you that the D3 can be very good indeed, mine has gone for months without a single issue bar a small problem with the message centre freezing once.

Most of the issues you report are covered on the Land Rover GTR website, and it makes me wonder if your dealer knows his ar*e from his elbow!

Well LR say they only build the car, LR finance say they only make personal loans, the dealer does seems to be sitting on his elbows, but I have a 1962 series 11a which works in any condition !! That said Autoexpress are running a follow up article to the 17th Nov one they published about this situation.

Post #313336th Dec 2005 1:16 pm
Pelyma

England 

Malcolm, where in East Sussex are you? I use Harwoods and they have been great. I've had mine nearly a year and done 20K miles, the only issue I've had is a compressor. IMHO most the problems come from the lack of training that the technicians have had, resulting in layer upon layer of problems compounding. It is appaling to here of your experience, 2 cars rejected starts to sound suspect, you could have been very unlucky, but for all the problems you've had it sounds a bit deeper and suggests my first comment is correct.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #313496th Dec 2005 1:52 pm
Malcolm

Pelyma wrote:
Malcolm, where in East Sussex are you? I use Harwoods and they have been great. I've had mine nearly a year and done 20K miles, the only issue I've had is a compressor. IMHO most the problems come from the lack of training that the technicians have had, resulting in layer upon layer of problems compounding. It is appaling to here of your experience, 2 cars rejected starts to sound suspect, you could have been very unlucky, but for all the problems you've had it sounds a bit deeper and suggests my first comment is correct.

I suspect it is the dealer " Hunt Grange" there's a rythm in there somewhere!! I am near Battle but willing to travel

Post #313506th Dec 2005 1:57 pm
PJ

England 

Malcolm, Do you not get on with Caffyns for some reason?, never able to do a good price but find their service is o.k.
 TDV6 2004 Auto Zambezi Silver Badged SE not quite an S with Nav & Rear DVD  
Post #314206th Dec 2005 4:33 pm
Malcolm

PJ wrote:
Malcolm, Do you not get on with Caffyns for some reason?, never able to do a good price but find their service is o.k.

No problems so it's caffyns, barrets, or gatwick land rover.....anyone got stong views on any of these guys?

Post #317568th Dec 2005 1:51 pm
Pelyma

England 

GL treated me very badly when I was buying a D2 that caused me to wait for my D3.

Post #317588th Dec 2005 2:01 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
GL treated me very badly when I was buying a D2 that caused me to wait for my D3.
So they actually did you a favour Wink The End  
Post #317658th Dec 2005 2:42 pm
Pelyma

England 

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess Laughing

Post #317668th Dec 2005 2:43 pm
PJ

England 

Malcolm, Had service experience & under warranty work on vehicles going back to the eighties by Caffyns as have done most other work myself. Never had any issues with them, always seem helpful & get courtesy vehicle. Have purchased from Skinners (no longer) Hunt grange back in 1978 (long story, but they are probably under different ownership now) & Southern Counties which I beleive are now Gatwick L.R. As you say you still have Barrets & of course there is Testers. It's not always the dealers fault but so long as they are understanding & do their best can't ask for much more.
 TDV6 2004 Auto Zambezi Silver Badged SE not quite an S with Nav & Rear DVD  
Post #319589th Dec 2005 2:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >