Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Significant diesel leak from filter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
garry2010

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Significant diesel leak from filter

For a while I have been getting the warning message "water in fuel" and the other day I noticed a leak from behind the offside front wheel (drivers side;it's right hand drive). My vehicle is a 2008 MY.

I took it into the dealer and they said it was a pipe attached to the filter which they described as a "service item" but they would put it through as warranty. They also replaced the track-rod end which had manifested itself as a bit of play in the steering and an audible clunk when maneuvering at slow speed. Got it home and it still says "water in fuel". But now the diesel leak has increased significantly and the chassis cross-member is coated in diesel; as is the driveway.

I removed the covers and drained the fuel filter today and there is no water in the fuel but the leak is still quite considerable but I cannot see from where. I will take it back to the dealer next week but has anyone any similar experience of a similar problem occurring?

Thank you

Post #78685416th Apr 2011 9:47 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

if it's under LR warranty get it recovered then you get a hire car, if you take it in you don't! Leaking fuel sounds a good reason to recover!

Post #78685616th Apr 2011 9:55 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Dealer found a broken connector on the fuel filter when servicing and needed to replace the connector and line.
Would not let me drive it until it was replaced.
Gave me a loaner (D3) Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #78687716th Apr 2011 11:45 pm
cja1579

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

With the price of fuel at the moment you want every drop going in the engine not on the flour, I would be straight back to the garage. Exclamation
 JE Remap, De-cat, Blanked EGR's, Allisport intercooler, Samco intercooler hoses, D4 rear lights, A bar, Big spot lights, Front headlight guards, 20'' Stormer wheels,  
Post #78688316th Apr 2011 11:56 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Getting pricy here too. I paid $1.46 a litre last time.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #78688417th Apr 2011 12:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >