Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Slumber Home Moment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
1andrewm

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Slumber Home Moment

Came up to the normal nightmare traffic lights on the A57 Confused , lights still on green, slowing down expecting then to turn red...... they stayed green! Autobox changed down [automatically funnily enought 8) ] I booted it [kick down] to get through [lights still on green] autobox seemed to drop another gear Shocked and this moment the revs went sky high...... Shocked the result was a complete loss of acceleration / power. Warning on the screen was engine fault or engine failiure. Evil or Very Mad I could do no more that to cool my jets and pull in with my hazards on.........everything running through my mind with my recent peogeot 405_SSW hell. Switched the engine off and restarted.............pulled away no issues Whistle 100 or so miles after and still ok. Thumbs Up

Has this or similar happened to anyone else?

Kr 1andrewm
 Andym Expert Beverage  
Post #6896805th Sep 2010 8:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

More than likely a blocked fue lfilter, but could also be something more sinister

Need the fault codes read first Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #6897926th Sep 2010 6:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've had similar towing the tintent, put my foot down to overtake on the motorway and at the same time used command shift to drop it into 4th, revs went sky high with now additional power ect.

It seemed almost as if the torque converter had not locked out for a second and the revs went high because of this. i didn't however have all the engine faults, i just backed the excelerator off, let the revs stablise, and all was ok.

It's not happened since.

Lee

Post #6898646th Sep 2010 11:25 am
1andrewm

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Shocked Thanks for the feed back, I am about due for a service, or major sugery!

I suppose I had best prepare myself for the worst tho. Do you think it could be a gear box issue .............as I noticed when towing my tintent in Cornwall last week up a steep hill in 2nd the box started to make a rattling noise [pulled away in first fine Comand shift into 2nd] noise almost like chains rattling along the road............my word this does not sound great at all. The noise did go after 1800rpm ish, and it only occurred when I was starting from standstill [all those buses I met on the narrow roads into Looe] Had 2 weeks of bliss no probs at all with the D3 during and after after with no funny noises or cherks or tighness or loosness for that matter and no dripping oil.

The more I think about this I need to get it serviced and all levels checks etc. Crying or Very sad

kr

1andrewm
 Andym Expert Beverage  
Post #6900976th Sep 2010 8:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >