Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Snorkel, Cargo Barrier & ARB Bar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The part number for the raised air intake is ADL780010
Whilst there is a shaped foam pad between the air intake and it's mounting bracket, there is nothing between the bracket and the outer wing, the seal is reasonable but I used some foam tape to improve it.
I can't see dust being a problem with or without this 'modification', however, there is no method of sealing the two slots in the rubber air duct where the grille mounting clips previously located. That said, it shouldn't be a problem whilst moving through water... also bear in mind that the inner and outer wing form the air duct up to the air filter box, so any solution would need to provide a method of ensuring this is fully sealed to provide a greater wading depth. You would also need to consider the effect of any water ingress through the cabin air intake on the scuttle plate as well.
Photo's are difficult once installed as there is little to see, however, graphic 7 from the fitting instructions at http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp may help

Post #5898518th May 2006 1:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I decided to go with the LR raised air intake and it will be fitted next Wednesday.

Thanks guys for your comments on the intake.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #5912019th May 2006 12:13 pm
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

don't forget to update your photo gallery after the snorkel install Chris !

You have one good looking Disco3 !!
Very Happy
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #5945222nd May 2006 6:56 am
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sniegy wrote:
I have just had some info sent to me today at work, a CARGO BARRIER is now available. It is rated to AS4034 so it meets the standards.

Is this the LR one?

I ordered one when I bought my car in December 2005, and still haven't seen it.

Sad

German Shepherd Dog and Alaskan Malamute can't come on trips with me until I get one.

Sad Crying or Very sad

Post #5945322nd May 2006 7:20 am
Sniegy

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi Glimmer Man,
No this is not the LR version. Confused
This is an aftermarket version, which Simon Arch will be retailing, I am waiting for him to get back to me/the group with pricing. Very Happy

The LR one is still in "testing"???

I have also been waiting for this one as well, i have 3 clients who require one urgently before there trips this winter.
 D4 Alaska/Almond 2.7 TDV6 with E-diff & extra's.. Smile

Keep smilin' Smile Pete. 

Post #5948722nd May 2006 11:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sniegy wrote:
The LR one is still in "testing"???

I'd be able to tell you if the 'salesman' would get back to me. Last reports say it still hasn't met ADRs.

Post #5951322nd May 2006 12:33 pm
steveo

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

It's been a while since anyone updated this thread. I phoned Milford this afternoon and they told me that they were not planning on making a cargo barrier for the Disco3 at this time.

Has anyone else bought a cargo barrier in Oz and where did you get it from please?

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the Tradesman brand - but no further details.

Cheers

Steve

Post #1345352nd Mar 2007 6:26 am
Sniegy

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Steveo,
There is now officially are LR barrier for the Australian Market. P/No. RAA556 from memory.
Cant remember the price though. $660.00 plus fitment or something like that.

NB there is also an ipod connection charger module factory unit.
more details to follow.

Cheers.
 D4 Alaska/Almond 2.7 TDV6 with E-diff & extra's.. Smile

Keep smilin' Smile Pete. 

Post #1345862nd Mar 2007 10:33 am
away

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have the ARB bar and like the others said, it enhances the approach angle. I had a Land Rover "Raised Air Intake" fitted and it looks good and works well. I got a half barrier with my Black Widow drawers and it will be fine. ( I can't fit them until the rear wheel carrier is fitted and I can get the spare tyre on the back. And I cant fit the rear bar until the custom-made long range tank is fitted next week.)

The custom tank is being organised by 4WD Central in Welshpool WA. They are using my vehicle to prototype the tank. It will hold 106 litres (4 litres less than the Long Range Automotive tank) but will not require a pump or additional filler-tube as it will fit higher under the body and will be able to syphon directly into the main tank.
 D4: Expedition Rack, 104 Litre Long Range Tank, Raised Air Intake
D3: Every bloomin' thing but the kitchen sink 

Post #1347202nd Mar 2007 3:20 pm
TDV6

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

The Land Rover raised air intake is just fitted to the exterior of the car and makes no change to the tubing within the mudguard going into the air filter box within the engine bay, whereas the Safari snorkel replaces all components from the filter box back to the exterior of the car and then seals onto the snorkel.

The LR tubing has a rubber 90-degree elbow just before the filter box that has heaps of holes in it, why? I have no idea, but when I fitted my snorkel I noticed that there were lots of dust tracks from these holes on the inside of the rubber elbow. If dust is your enemy and you have a LR raised intake then I suggest removing the air box and rubber elbow, clean it and seal these holes with automotive sikaflex or similar.

Just an idea,

TDV6

Post #1349753rd Mar 2007 11:58 am
dlm3

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

I'm just guessing, but I suspect those holes are there to allow car wash water to drain out rather than collect in the intake and find its way into the motor.

But that's just a guess.

When you install the raised air intake, presumably you would want to replace the perforated elbow with a solid one (or sealed) to keep the water out and drain the intake someplace with a one-way check valve.

Post #13814512th Mar 2007 10:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >