Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Soaking wet footwell and the beginning of suspension faults?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
leroymusic00

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Soaking wet footwell and the beginning of suspension faults?

Hi folks - After the heavy downfall of rain over the past week, my driver's side footwell was absolutely drenched (cables were submerged in water). I found the fault being a completely perished, torn rubber boot at the end of the sunroof drain tube. I have ordered a new pipe and boot but until then I have put the end of the pipe into an empty bottle - this morning the bottle was full.

Anyway, yesterday a suspension fault occurred and played up then disappeared again. This morning I dried up as much as I could, sprayed some WD40 in there and dried again. The suspension went up and down no problem. On the way to work the light came on again and display said 'height will rise when system cooled down'.

Is there anything I can do/check etc? It seems a coincidence that this has happened since all of that water ingress. Please help...

Is there anyone in Carlisle with an IID code reader I could use - just before I go and buy one?

Post #220405321st Jan 2021 11:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nick H

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

I'd recommend parking the Disco in a way that drains the water down to one point and then get some small hose in there below the loom duct and try and drain out the rest. There's quite a void below the carpet level that you won't get to just drying the carpet. Thumbs Up
 MY16 Landmark - Yulong White
MY10 HSE - Stornoway Grey 

Post #220408121st Jan 2021 12:29 pm
leroymusic00

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for that Nick - does that mean I should park it with it's nose in the air a little? I have been to visit a friend at a local garage and he popped the code reader in. This is what he found.
He also found two faulty rear height sensors but nothing wrong with the compressor etc.

Post #220408621st Jan 2021 1:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nick H

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

I'd park it with the nose down and towards the driver's side then get the hose in as far as you can towards that point then give it a suck and let gravity do the rest. You'll be surprised by how much will drain out Shocked
 MY16 Landmark - Yulong White
MY10 HSE - Stornoway Grey 

Post #220408721st Jan 2021 1:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >