Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] Aztec Auto Haven Drive-Away Tent/Awning for Vehic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
James W

Saudi Arabia 
[For Sale] Aztec Auto Haven Drive-Away Tent/Awning for Vehicles

Having a clear out of tents so putting this and another one up for sale here. I'll also be popping them on eBay in the week, so if you fancy one, let me know ASAP.

Aztec Auto Haven Drive-Away Tent

Quite an unusual tent this, single skinned but have slept in it many times no problem as it's well ventilated especially when against the vehicle.

You can use this as a day tent at events or for camping especially if you have your fridge, cooker, etc. in the back of the Disco. It does free-stand too so you can drive away, closing off the 'port' where the vehicle goes. Reversing up to it is reasonably easy with a spotter, or especially with reverse camera. The 'port' is slightly elasticated and hugs around the back of the Disco quite well. You can just tie on the guys to your roof rack or rails for added stability.

I bought it for checkpoint marshalling for which it worked really well, especially as the groundsheet (not shown here, but included - it's clipped to the top of the bag below) is removable so if you've got people in and out all day you can take it up, and replace at night for sleeping.

The upper tailgate opens fully inside, although mine was tight due to the Prospeed ladder. If you were to lower the suspension it would be perfect.

The tent is in full working order but is a bit grubby in places. It is not filthy, but I couldn't describe it as in excellent condition. I think it's just superficial though - it would benefit from a good hour or two with some tent cleaner. It's got that normal 'tent smell' but there is no mildew or damp. Stored in a dry garage. Non-smoker. There is a tiny hole about 2-3mm under one of the windows but I've never bothered with it. A bit of tent glue would fix it.

Quite a unique bit of kit, you don't see may of these around. I'm not sure you can buy them anymore? I may be mistaken though.

Bought around 10 years ago I think? And used maybe a dozen times or more? Certainly less than 20 times though. Comes with all original poles and pegs. The pegs aren't brilliant but are all present and functional.

Great tent, unusual and particularly good as a communal tent or for an event.

I can stand up in it fine (I'm 5'10") and you could probably sleep for people in it at a push, or 2-3 comfortably.

Buyer collects, forum relay or happy to co-operate with collection if you want to arrange a courier at your expense. Bag weighs around 10kg.

All pictures taken today, we put both up to take the photos and check all was in order.

Grab yourself a bargain for summer. Looking for £50.

If you have any questions, just shout.

Cheers
James

Attached to the back

Or separate

It will free-stand so you can drive away

Plenty of room inside (Separate groundsheet included)

Snug fit

Vehicle access

Another view

All bagged up
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #168371023rd Jul 2016 3:52 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

PM sent Thumbs Up

Post #168371623rd Jul 2016 4:08 pm
James W

Saudi Arabia 

Sold pending payment and collection Thumbs Up

Check out my other tent for sale here
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #168372523rd Jul 2016 4:24 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

The plan is to pitch my bivvy inside the drive away tent then I don,t get things wet and its leaves more space inside for sleeping. I can also cook in the auto tent and have the back of the disco open without letting the elements in. Bought with Ice fest 2017 in mind. Planning ahead Thumbs Up

Post #168372723rd Jul 2016 4:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >