Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] Working concept of drawer system for Discovery 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
boyd

United Kingdom 
[For Sale] Working concept of drawer system for Discovery 4 - £300 ono

Designed specifically around the D4 load area, I tried to come up with a concept which was quick and easy to install and remove and not only utilised the available space better than those i'd seen at shows etc, it also enabled access to the dreaded D4 spare wheel winder.

The concept also enables you to quick swap out camping boxes for recovery or tool boxes if required and utilises the existing load tie down points to firmly fix it in place.

Click image to enlarge

Access to the spare wheel winder is done by lifting the removable board from the right hand side and then lifting the euro boxes off the rails for the right hand drawer. The right hand seat can then be raised just enough to access the winder.

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Although using the expensive accuride 80kg runners (£100 if memory serves), HD euroboxes and has been thoroughly tested in over 5 weeks of overlanding trips in the last two years; it was built as a quick proof of concept, so is mainly riveted together and without glue and has horizontal runners as opposed to cantered. If I was to keep it along with sorting out some of the sharper edges to ensure it doesn't scratch the tailgate plastics, i'd drill out the rivet's and replace with button headed bolts loctite and glue the joints and probably re drill the angle of the runners to clear the drop down tailgate without having to have a load area mat beneath it which of course causes a slight issue with spare wheel access. Whistle

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Also note the runners are the push to open latching mechanism and i've found with the weight you can put in the drawers if left without any other form of secondary catch on heavy accel and decel they will open themselves. My way round this over the last couple of years was to either leave my water Jerry in the remaining space or my oz tent chair as both were perfectly sized to keep the drawers closed. This of course could be got around with a plethora of secondary latching systems but I never saw the need in my usage. If I were to build one again I'd go for the more expensive accuride sliders with their own vertical latch but at nearly 40% more I wanted to try the cheaper latch first.

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Note: the only difference to as it is today from the pictures is that there has been 4x 6mm vertical holes drilled in the ally tubing to mount one of my front runner jerry can holders for the last trip. It doesn't take away from the function what so ever and I dare say you wouldn't notice unless you looked for them.

As this is purely a prototype it has to be sold as seen (no warranty implied or offered), collection only and none of the drawer/box contents or any other items shown in the pictures are included. Whistle

Really don't know how to price it was surprisingly expensive to make and it has had some excellent feedback at shows/events.

£300 ono (small donation to the site if sold through here)

You know you want to :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #168594629th Jul 2016 5:18 pm
boyd

United Kingdom 

Sold pending collection Thumbs Up

Donation to site inbound after collection.

Post #16885205th Aug 2016 1:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >