DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Sorry, but it is not a D4, more like a D3.5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Landylad

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

DG wrote:
Landylad wrote:

in terms of getting round a corner better than an X5, a Q7, a Tourag.... it's comparable to a No32 bus in my opinion.

I wonder why you actually have one ....it's quite clear you don't appreciate the vehicle if you are comparing it to those only built for tarmac work. I suggest you sell up and feck off now...before you start sounding like LondonLad Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Up until I drove the D4, I never really had any ill thoughts to the D3 and still don't to be honest. I have had more vehicles since I passed my test than hot dinners, so finding a car that I really liked, was pretty hard. When I first drove a D3 last Oct, I fell in love with it immediately and new that this ticked a lot of boxes for me.

Like any British built vehicle, it has it's hangups.... some you learn to live with, some get on your nerves. I've had several silly thins go wrong with my model, most of which (with thanks to the posters on this site) I've managed to resolve without too much problems.

So your analogy that I don't appreciate the D3 is pretty wide of the mark to be honest. I just see the very tangible improvements in the D4 and feel it's a hugely easy choice to buy one seeing as I love the philosophy that the Disco brings in it's spaciousness, safety, go anywhere ability and general "get oot ma way" presence on the road.

So forgive me if I'm coming across as being anti-D3... that is not my intention. Perhaps I'll be greated with more open arms when disco4.co.uk gets going.

As a mod, I think it's a tad bad form to be telling (or suggesting) that members "feck off" though Shocked
 If in doot, flat oot!!  
Post #5161195th Sep 2009 10:08 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Well if you are going to slate the brand then I maintain that is an option Thumbs Up Mod or not I stand by what I say. This site is here for the benefit of D3 users and when whiners come along just having a pop at a superb motor for the sake of it, it really boils my blood.

The D4 may well be an improvement and I wouldn't expect anything less ...but just appreciate that your comments won't go down well with the overwhelming majority that make up 99.9% of this site Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5161255th Sep 2009 10:21 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Landylad wrote:
I have had more vehicles since I passed my test than hot dinners

To be fair - what you really need is . . . .

A New Oven
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #5161275th Sep 2009 10:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Landylad

DG wrote:
Well if you are going to slate the brand then I maintain that is an option Thumbs Up Mod or not I stand by what I say. This site is here for the benefit of D3 users and when whiners come along just having a pop at a superb motor for the sake of it, it really boils my blood.

The D4 may well be an improvement and I wouldn't expect anything less ...but just appreciate that your comments won't go down well with the overwhelming majority that make up 99.9% of this site Thumbs Up

Can you point to any posts I've made that cement that comment above?

Someone asked how the D4 handled.... I gave (what I believe) was an honest and open opinion on how it stacked up against it's closest rival. Hey, it's a 4x4... a proper one in every sense as opposed to something that the Chelsea tractor brigade would drive. So I know it aint supposed to handle like an R8. But my one at least, is a dog to drive round bends. Not complaining about it - if I hated it that much, believe me, I'd have punted the D3 long ago. But I love it to bits... just want something that's an improvement.

This is not a totalitarian state, nor a communist republic. It's a web forum DG and perhaps you should remember that people are allowed to voice their feelings, whether they are liked or not. In 3 years time, we'll all be preaching about the next variation of the Discovery and will be saying how rubbish the D4 is.... that's life as Esther would say.
 If in doot, flat oot!!  
Post #5161315th Sep 2009 10:33 pm
Landylad

90BHP wrote:
Landylad wrote:
I have had more vehicles since I passed my test than hot dinners

To be fair - what you really need is . . . .

A New Oven

Rolling with laughter
 If in doot, flat oot!!  
Post #5161335th Sep 2009 10:34 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Landylad wrote:
But I love it to bits

Warming to you...but just a bit Whistle

Landylad wrote:
This is not a totalitarian state, nor a communist republic. It's a web forum DG and perhaps you should remember that people are allowed to voice their feelings, whether they are liked or not.

....does that count for mods too Confused Thumbs Up Just be a little more gentle with our D3 ....it's a delicate flower Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5161345th Sep 2009 10:41 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
On a public forum users have to accept that there are a plethora of views and opinions some of which may not align with their own - If users don't want to invite a range of comments, whether good or bad, can I respectfully advise that they keep their private life off the forum.

as said by your fair self DG...... Whistle

it was said in a diferent context but it applies here i think... Thumbs Up
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5161355th Sep 2009 10:42 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Where is my private life discussed here ? Shocked

Last edited by DG on 5th Sep 2009 10:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5161365th Sep 2009 10:45 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Landylad you lay of D3s and i won't make another D4 in Bali Blue look a bit MG-Rover quote...
Thumbs Up -deal ? as you said the other night steady on thats my car your talking about.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #5161375th Sep 2009 10:45 pm
ad15

dg, i didnt want to just take one bit of what you said elsewhere, ie "out of context" but in any case here is the bit i meant.

Quote:
On a public forum users have to accept that there are a plethora of views and opinions some of which may not align with their own
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5161395th Sep 2009 10:49 pm
ad15

where is the "proples front of judea" anyway??? Whistle
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5161405th Sep 2009 10:56 pm
ad15

PEOPLES........ Embarassed
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5161415th Sep 2009 10:56 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

But that statement is entirely in context with the remaining text I made at the time Confused

I do accept that there are a plethora of views which do not align with my own ...but the difference here is that it is not about personalities ... What you are saying is that when someone makes comments about the D3 which are in general ...wrong.... that this cannot be challenged. Totally different to me saying, for example, that you are a Censored for beating up your wife Thumbs Up

Shocked Whoops Laughing Whistle

Last edited by DG on 5th Sep 2009 11:00 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #5161435th Sep 2009 10:58 pm
Landylad

Zermatt Vulgaris wrote:
Landylad you lay of D3s and i won't make another D4 in Bali Blue look a bit MG-Rover quote...
Thumbs Up -deal ? as you said the other night steady on thats my car your talking about.

haha... deal.

Anyways, if I didn't love the Disco, I'd have been flirting with a 2nd hand Q7 or similar ages ago. I've also very recently, made inquiries about the new VW Roc R, which is drool over every time I see it. But the LR still has me grinning every time I see it parked there.

Anyway, fits wrang wee MG Rovers? Whistle
 If in doot, flat oot!!  
Post #5161445th Sep 2009 10:58 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

the MG Rover quote makes reference to having to watch the sad demise of a british car maker by the constant rehashing of the same product to disguise a lack of funds to radically move the vehicle on...regularly launching all models at the same time... i hope we are not going down this route with our beloved land rovers.

it sounds from your experience that the D4 may have moved the game on which is good news...
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #5161465th Sep 2009 11:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >