Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

stalling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just curious as to who the dealers concerned here are? My local, and preferred, LR dealer is Trinity in Wexford. Seem like really nice and helpful people there, and if I was getting a d3, I'd be going there first. I got my current TD5 from Autoboland in Waterford, but bring it to Trinity for servicing, etc. Just curious about peoples opinions of other dealerships around.

Brendan.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #515371st Apr 2006 12:31 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

bkehoe wrote:
Just curious as to who the dealers concerned here are? My local, and preferred, LR dealer is Trinity in Wexford. Seem like really nice and helpful people there, and if I was getting a d3, I'd be going there first. I got my current TD5 from Autoboland in Waterford, but bring it to Trinity for servicing, etc. Just curious about peoples opinions of other dealerships around.

Brendan.

Yes I’ve heard very good reports about Trinity alright.

In my opinion you couldn’t go wrong with Young’s 4X4 in Kilkenny, they are really excellent to deal with. We switched to them some time ago when our original dealer Rover Waterford was replaced by Bolands. Who, by the way I wouldn’t go near in a fit !!

Post #515561st Apr 2006 4:03 pm
marcon

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I don't really want to go cutting the back off my dealer on this site and anyway I think the dealer has and is trying to resolve the issue even if he has to supply new D3 at his cost.My problem is with Landrover Ireland or at least with the man in charge,I think they should take some portion of responsibility for a product that they supply apart from the attitude of leave it back and we will fix it even if we need your D3 for a few months.

I don't really blame dealer for the length of time this has been going on as in my opinion there is very little help from landrover Ireland to solve this and I suppose you cannot blame him(dealer) for trying all avenues before he replaces D3 at his expense.I have purchased two vehicles in the past from this dealer and we have always been satisfied.I might be looking at this through rose tinted specs(as regards dealer) but I feel Landrover Ireland are not coming up with the goods. Mad

This of course is all only my opinion I could be mistaken and been taken for a very long ride on the merry go round.

Quote:
In my opinion you couldn’t go wrong with Young’s 4X4 in Kilkenny

I was not going to mention name of dealer but Zebadee referred to Youngs and even after all this I would not hesitate to deal with Youngs again,as I said I think the problems are with LR Ireland and not with dealers

marcon (Kilkenny)

Post #515571st Apr 2006 4:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zebadee

Ireland 

I agree with you “macron” about LR Ireland. The dealers here, will do what they can to resolve issue, some go to great lengths to help you out, others couldn’t care less, as once you buy your car, you are nothing more than another “unit” out the gate. Then when you go back to get work done, you are dealing with another department & to them you are again just another number.

But then you do get the good dealer, who will do all they can. But where it all falls down in my opinion is with LR Ireland. When a dealer can do no more & needs to take the issue higher, they are not getting the support needed, in my own opinion.

One issue that comes to mind, is on the ’95 / ’96 Discoveries, that suffered from the peeling dash problem. I remember reading that in the UK Land Rover fixed or replaced the dash on affected cars, but here LR Ireland were just not interested.

By the way “macron” as the old saying goes, “it’s a small world” 8)

Post #515581st Apr 2006 5:14 pm
marcon

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yes true it is a small world and if your in any kind of business the importance of customer care is paramount.

I know of at least three people locally who were put off of buying a D3 because of our problems,not because of us broadcasting it(as I still think D3 is amazing)but because of people asking my wife why are you driving a Rover 300 or a freelander or 2003 Disco instead of your new car and it was happening so regularly that it became a running joke doing the school run much to my wife's embarrassment.It is very hard to explain to people that it is only a few minor problems who see a car as just a means of getting from A to B ,and when you buy a new one it should be reliable.When people like this see you with problems week after week month after month over the period of a year they think you have bought a piece of junk and word gets around.

If I had a euro for the amount of times people have said to my wife and myself that we should have bought a Toyota Landcruiser I would be able to afford a Range Rover Laughing and when you try and defend D3 and say how good it is they just remind you that it does not work properly and it's in the garage every other week.

When you live in a small community everybody knows everybody and everything about everybody so I suppose ultimately LR Ireland and I suppose Landrover in general are the real losers with situations like mine.I will eventually get a new car and move on but people in my area when you mention a D3 will think of the problems with mine and as Zebadee has said it's a small world. Sad

Post #516112nd Apr 2006 8:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zebadee

Ireland 

I agree with you on everything you’ve said there Marcon. Kilkenny in particular is a town full of people who are in everyone else’s business, so I can just imagine what you & your wife are going through.

It’s an awful shame that you’ve suffered so badly with your D3. The Discovery in general has quite a bad name around these parts, if I heard it once, I’ve heard it a million times over my years of Land Rover ownership. “Oh I wouldn’t buy a Discovery, they give terrible trouble, why didn’t you go for the Isuzu Trooper or the Pajero”

I have to say that I’ve been driving Discoverys since 1993, without (touch wood) a bit of trouble. I still have a ’95 Tdi & it’s as good as the day we got it. The one time I switched from Land Rover, was in 2003 to a Volvo XC90 & I had endless trouble, which resulted in my selling back to the dealer 9 months later. I then went “back home” to LR. I have my D3 nearly a year now with no issues at all. I do have the sinking seat, but don’t want my interior ripped apart so I’m happy to pump up the seat every time I get in. I got the bottle replaced to fix the “low coolant” warning, but other than that all has been rosy.

We’ve had quite a few LR products throughout the years without any bother, so I don’t think I would stray again. But I can just imagine what it must be like for you macron to be defending your D3 all this time.

The only thing I can is that “they are not making them like they used to” In my opinion my ’95 Tdi is more reliable than my D3 will ever be. Or for that matter any new car today.

Post #516382nd Apr 2006 12:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >