Standard 17" GS wheels help reqd.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: pm

Rabbit Leader wrote:
Discotres wrote:
Have a look at the tyre calculator via the link I have put below, you will probably have to go for a 265 65 17 in the AT2 as they do not do a 235 70 17. You may also want to look at the Vredestein Wintrac Extreme tyres at Camskill.co.uk (cheapest price), although they are a winter tyre and one of the best performers on ice and snow they are hard wearing and a great all year round tyre.

Good luck,

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Thanks, I have pm'd you ... (I think! It says sent to one recipient, but it is staying in the 'outbox' - I would expect it to reside in 'sent' items if sent, surely?)

£7.50 a wheel! what are you on? These guys on here are more than sharp, is that where you learnt the killer skills?

Only joking, pm sent back to you with further info. Cheers,

Post #59019626th Jan 2010 12:08 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

rabbit leader I had the same issues as you with regards to sizes and load rating when i brought my original D3 from Barretts in Ashford. I did not know there was a problem until I tried towing the tin tent then had majr issues with stability. Went back all aclm initially but when they said go away I let rip with both barrels. Pointed out that my insurance was invalid, they had put my family and other road users at risk. I also told them i would call in trading standards and LR customer services, they backed down and put 4 new correct boots on and then tried to get me to pay for the rubber I had used between buying the car and noticing the issue, told them to go away and that trading standards had been informed. Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #59027226th Jan 2010 8:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I can't believe it! I have exchanged a few messages with Rabbit and it unbelievably seems my wife may have got off with him on a holiday in the South of France when younger, would you even contemplate selling your spare wheel rims to a possible ex lover of your wife?

Post #59036826th Jan 2010 11:32 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

That's the way to do it!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

PS message for Russell, NOT Rabbit and Mrs Discotres!!! Shocked Shocked Its not that sort of site, unfortunately!!! Big Cry Rolling with laughter Shocked

Last edited by DSL on 26th Jan 2010 12:50 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #59036926th Jan 2010 11:34 am
Rabbit Leader

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Salesman blues ...

Russell wrote:
rabbit leader I had the same issues as you with regards to sizes and load rating when i brought my original D3 from Barretts in Ashford. I did not know there was a problem until I tried towing the tin tent then had majr issues with stability. Went back all aclm initially but when they said go away I let rip with both barrels. Pointed out that my insurance was invalid, they had put my family and other road users at risk. I also told them i would call in trading standards and LR customer services, they backed down and put 4 new correct boots on and then tried to get me to pay for the rubber I had used between buying the car and noticing the issue, told them to go away and that trading standards had been informed. Thumbs Up

Well done! Very Happy

That's the way to do it Bow down

A very silly thing for these dealers to do - you'll probably never use them again, unless it suits ... If they had just realised that they were probably gonna have to pay for the tyres anyway, and use it as a sales angle to you "No problem Sir, we'll get those ordered ..."

You'd probably be typing "Very happy with the service received from particular dealer, have just ordered a new D4 from them ..."

Crazy buisness decision .... Big Cry

Post #59039526th Jan 2010 12:26 pm
Rabbit Leader

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:
That's the way to do it!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

... I paid him to say that! Trying to increase my status on the forum Rolling with laughter
 Paramedic, Father, Dog lover and Husband ... in no particular order!  
Post #59040226th Jan 2010 12:33 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I await your cheque!! Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #59041326th Jan 2010 12:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >