Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Standard Tyres!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
yawlboy

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Standard Tyres!!!!

I have just noticed that my 5 week old Disco has an odd tyre. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

As in I have 3 Goodyear Wrangler's (and the spare) and a single Pirelli Scorpion Zero on the front left....The same place I was getting a major vibration from until I had to pay a tyre fitter to balance the wheel for me - he did mention it was way out and stuck 3 big weights on it. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Think I should have picked this up before but due to an excess of mud and the car spending a few weeks with the dealer to fix an engine problem I have only just copped it - or was it only fitted when the car was in the dealer...........

I have 18 inch rims and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have driven 3000km on the car but I believe that the dealer should refit my front left with a Goodyear.

Bloody annoying.
 1993 Defender 110 300tdi - many mods  
Post #14201023rd Mar 2007 9:10 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Did you buy the car new and when did the vibration start?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #14201123rd Mar 2007 9:15 am
yawlboy

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Car is a new 07MY Disco 3 LE (Irish Spec) with 3000km on the clock.

Drove it for two weeks then it spent two weeks in the dealer with engine problems, got it back two weeks ago and then noticed the vibration - between 100kph and 120kph. Got it balanced last week which fixed the vibration. I have been very busy with work and only got around to washing it yesterday which is when I noticed the odd tyre.......

Just spoke to the "Service" manager at my dealer and he says that all Disco 3 LE's with 10 spoke 18 inch alloys only have Goodyears on them, he has no idea where the Pirelli came from...... but he is investigating and will call me back later today.

I am 99% certain it wasn't on there when I bought the car so I think it was fitted when the engine was being fixed.
 1993 Defender 110 300tdi - many mods  
Post #14202123rd Mar 2007 9:32 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

When I stuffed a sidewall and changed to the spare I found the spare had a large chunk out of the tyre, a large chunk out of the alloy and 15,000kms on it.! Shocked
The dealer replaced with a new one, reckoned someone damaged a demonstrator and swapped them. Confused
Check the alloy for damage before they replace the tyre. Very Happy
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #14203723rd Mar 2007 9:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >