Biffysun31st Aug 2011 1:46 pm
simplesimon20th Sep 2011 12:22 am
Johnmac8th Apr 2012 6:46 pm
jacko9th May 2012 1:38 pm

MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Steering wheel Recovering

Hi All

Just curious would there be anyone interested in having their steering wheel recovered I have found a company that can factory finish steering wheels and the owner used to work for LR in the trimming dept
I can offer OE spec recovering on all LR Marques from £95.00 or anything bespoke from £150 upwards depending on what you want there is no wood or painted finishes available for now, but carbon fibre finish is available but I dont know if its a dry carbon fibre look or a wet look as yet.

The available finishes are leather smooth black OE or another colour, combination colours, smooth/perforated, alcantara (suede effect) leather /alcantara or as I said ealier a bespoke combination of your choice

If your steering wheel is per LR,OE (black leather ) then I can offer an exchange service there is also another option of having the air bag unit recovered in the same leather but a disclaimer needs to be signed just to say its at your own risk

The above prices include Vat but not postage and of course if there are more than 10 units to be done we can get further discounts and of course last not least if theres enough interest a donation to our wonderful DIsco 3 site
cheers

This post has been edited by the site administration team

Post #79713116th May 2011 12:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dtest

United Kingdom 
Re: Steering wheel Recovering

MikeS2005 wrote:
If your steering wheel is per LR,OE (black leather ) then I can offer an exchange service there is also another option of having the air bag unit recovered in the same leather but a disclaimer needs to be signed just to say its at your own risk

Sounds like a great idea but I'd seriously avoid covering the airbag.....disclaimer or not..... if someone is injured as a result of covering up the airbag module in a material that doesnt allow deployment the airbag then a rather serious court case could follow.

I know it's a 'nanny state' already but any disclaimer would have no effect when it comes to 'death or bodily injury' I'm afraid Shocked

Post #79731516th May 2011 7:05 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If the finish on your steering wheel is going you can just fix it with black liquid polish and some leather conditioner. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #79747116th May 2011 11:34 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

MikeS2005, is this by chance JD trimming in Walsall?

I have been speeking to them reagarding getting my wheel done, I've bought a spare just so I can get one done.

The price Paul has quote me at JD is the same as the listed, so I'd be interested in the group buy if it is them and they can discount, they are local to me so I can drop my wheel in and save the postage Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #80697415th Jun 2011 11:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
beanie
Site Sponsor 

Well, I have dropped the wheel in today, having now met Paul in person I can confirm he is a really great guy, if you find a £200 Disco 3 steering wheel for sale on ebay, it is his handy work, although he is not the one selling them.

I have gone for a D4 look. Black Nappa leather at the top and bottom of the wheel and perferated at the sides, should be ready for Tuesday, I will post more once I pick it back up.

He was doing a heated D3 wheel for someone else while I was there anyone from on here?

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Post #81735114th Jul 2011 11:34 pm
tul214

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I may be interested.

Post #81737215th Jul 2011 6:17 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

As promised, I went for the new D4 look

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

As you can see the workmanship is very good as is the finish of the wheel.

This is proper steering wheel grade leather, not the cheap stuff LR use or upholstery grade leather, ther will be no sticky bubbling mess in years to come

The new cover is glued and then hand stitched to finish and tighten around the wheel, proper craftsmenship, as you can tell I'm very happy with the job. Thumbs Up

PM me for details

Post #81948421st Jul 2011 8:22 pm
robertofollia

Spain 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

That quality and workmanship are superb
If I finally don't divorce from my D3 I will probably do the same as you, in the same colour.
Mine is still in reasonably good shape but I simply don't like the cheapo feeling each time I grab the steering wheel

Best regards

Robert
 Regards, Robert
Only a closed filling station can prevent me from reaching my destination
1992 Santana 88"SWB petrol
1995 RRClassic 300Tdi
1999 D2 V8 manual coiler
2004 D2 Td5... SOLD!
2006 D3 V8 SE 

Post #81969122nd Jul 2011 1:24 pm
Johnmac

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Wheel recovering

Mike- are you still doing this? Very interested in how the exchange works or how long i'd be without the car if I just sent it. The quality on the pics looks great and I like the D4 look.

Post #9187378th Apr 2012 6:50 pm
MikeS2005

refurb

Hi
you wouldnt be without it You tell me what you want and I send one of I have here to get retrimmed then when you recieve the retrimmed steering wheel, you take yours off and send that to me.
There is a lot of trust involved but usually the bill for £500 pounds gets the old steering wheel sent off to me.
Payment depending on what you want is anywhere from £169 pounds to around £300 pounds depending on what you want
cheers

Post #9187458th Apr 2012 7:37 pm
jambo1972

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
V interested

Hi Mike,

I'm interested in this as mine was nice and sticky last winter and needs sorting before we get all cold and damp again!

Is the option just the nappa black (not that this is a problem!)

Kev
 K7MUN TDV6 S Auto, 2005, Adriatic Blue, Xenons, Harmon Kardon, SE Alloys & AT's. 170k miles. BAS Blanked EGR's, K&N Filter, new air susp compressor. 1st Landie, now full LR convert.  
Post #9871138th Oct 2012 8:34 pm
pope227

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Price.

Hi,
How much is the d4 style as pictured in this post with perf. Leather? Would be interested in this. Is it much of a job to change?
Regards John
 D4 HSE Luxury
Causeway Grey 

Post #9871378th Oct 2012 8:52 pm
MikeS2005

steering wheel

Hi Jambo
You can have anything you want apart from wood or carbon fibre so just let me know
cheers

Post #9871408th Oct 2012 8:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >