Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Stop / Start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Dannyson

England 

Rolling Eyes Ive said it before - but it looks like I have to say it again....(always the case on whatever forums of course) it doesn't seem to matter how well batteries and the like are 'up to strength' / replaced by Dealers to 'satisfy' the customer - the stop/start will only work when it deems it is 'right to do so'.... so I just leave well alone .....

I have found I can drive the car from Cornwall to London and back and it doesn't kick in - but a couple of days later and just 10 minutes up the road it kicks in....?

Don't stress about it and leave it to figure itself out is my thoughts.... Thumbs Up

Just my experience..... I'm no expert of course! ..... Thumbs Up
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Last edited by Dannyson on 6th Jan 2018 6:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #18980866th Jan 2018 1:12 am
Robert SausageTrousers

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

Mine literally never works, ever, having had it in for repair just before Christmas it still never works, ever, regardless of brake pedal pressure, temp, anything.

Post #18980956th Jan 2018 8:49 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up mine the same and no warning lights Very Happy
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #18981116th Jan 2018 9:48 am
Washwipe

England 

Mine works now and then, not losing sleep over it as it is used a lot on short journeys, over Christmas it had 24 hours on the Ctek, worked the next day. But after a few days of short journeys it’s rarely happening at the moment.

Post #18981166th Jan 2018 10:04 am
EMcC

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Some of the opinions just posted are brilliant, reference disregarding the S/S etc but I wonder if it would be different when buying a vehicle.
I had mine checked, hopefully with a view to finding all was well, so that if I decided to sell I could advertise it as 100%
I bought this vehicle new and the S/S hasn't worked since shortly after getting it and it hasn't bothered me, I certainly haven't worried or lost any sleep over it but if I was buying again I would expect all to work that should work .
I'll remind the vehicle of who I am/was and flash my decorations and Blue Badge across the windscreen to see if that makes any difference Wink
I'm already using my service disability pension to feed it the best diesel in the area, you'd think the vehicle would appreciate that wouldn't you Rolling Eyes

Post #18981266th Jan 2018 10:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robert SausageTrousers

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

Exactly my sentiments, I'm not bothered at all about not having a stop/start feature, but I am bothered that LR sold me a car for the best part of £40k that has a feature that doesn't work, and they don't seem to be able to fix, not least because of the resale issue.

Post #18981466th Jan 2018 11:16 am
EMcC

Rob, Mine cost considerably more so I am considerably more annoyed that a thing that should work doesn't Wink

Post #18981826th Jan 2018 1:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

EMcC - Is there an equation we could put to these issues - perhaps call it a "vex value" or "rant rate" perhaps based upon say the lower end price of a hose up to the complete vehicle Whistle

Must say my stop start is quite reliable since the new battery last year and still confident issues are battery based. My car was left for 3 days without use over New Year and took 2 days for stop/start to operate again. During that time there was continual drain from Tracker and Blackvue with occasional unlocking/locking, interior lights, welcome/walk away head lights etc.

Generally after first start up my next stop may be just 5 minutes later when still not fully warmed up and heated seats/headlights etc will be on but the start/stop will still operate.

Post #18981956th Jan 2018 1:36 pm
EMcC

If a 'Vex Value' chart is started can we have values based on the people posting their vexations Smile
IE.
Normal people, VV up to 10 points.
Ex Service/Veterans, VV up to 15 points.
Decorated Ex vets, VV up to 20 points.
Disabled Ex Vets VV, up to 25 points.
Disabled decorated Ex vets, up to 30 points.
So I'll start.
Whilst the vehicle is in use my VV points are = 0
When intending to sell the vehicle, my VV points are = 30
Oh dear, I've just had it pointed out to me by my Nurse that no Landrover owners are 'Normal' people so I think my VV plan is not going to take off Sad

Post #18982146th Jan 2018 2:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >