Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Stop/Start not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bbplym

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4
Stop/Start not working

I bought my MY16 Approved Used D4 about 4 weeks ago and as well as a “Low Battery Warning - start engine” message that comes up occasionally I’ve noticed that the Stop/Start function doesn’t appear to work.

I see that there’s plenty of threads on here which discuss the possible causes - in summary appears likely to be battery related. As the vehicle’s 5 y/o it looks like it needs a new battery - unknown whether it’s still has original batts.?

I managed to barter a 2 year LR Approved Used Warranty from the LR dealer as part of the purchase, but looking at the paperwork battery replacement appears to be excluded as it’s w & t. I would have thought that an iffy battery would’ve been picked up on the advertised 165 point ‘rigorous’ check? I’ll argue on that basis & might get lucky getting batt. replaced.
 FL2 GS TD4 MY07 Stornaway Grey (45k) - gone
D3 SE TD6 MY55 Zermatt Silver (156k) - now gone
D4 HSE SDV6 MY16 Aruba (48k) 

Post #221408127th Feb 2021 4:09 pm
thp

United States 2015 LR4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyLR4

Once I got the 'low battery warning - start engine' msg. everything started going down hill, guess the low battery gets all the modules into intermittent states and leads to random problems.

I tried replacing just the primary, but still got the msg. intermittently. Replaced secondary and everything was better.

Post #221408827th Feb 2021 4:26 pm
jmw

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Definitely go back to the supplying dealership. As it’s an Approved car I would expect them to sort out any problems that occur in the first 4 weeks whether or not it was part of the 165 point check.

Mine’s had an intermittent faulty rear wiper motor replaced, a newstart/stop button, an oil and filter change (service light on after a few months), and new disks and pads all round (after they told me 6 months in that they were badly corroded and worn - I just paid for the pads), plus a warranty claim repair for the illuminated rotary gear selector.

Post #221425428th Feb 2021 1:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >