Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Stratstone Newcastle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
loopyles

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Stratstone Newcastle

I have just recently taken early retirement and moved from Surrey to Northumberland. I came up with my trusty Defender 200Tdi and my Audi Allroad. (traded my D2 in 2005 for the Allroad after being put off by the early D3 and a certain blog) I arrived in June this year and decided to buy the new 2007 Defender 110, how excited was I, one, SWMBO allowed this, two, I was getting the new fantastic 6 speed Ford Transit engined 110 with all the bells and whistles. So, nearsest Land Rover dealer 37 miles South, "Stratstone of Newcastle" previous experiance of L R dealerships Guy Salmon and Hunters in Surrey , brilliant at selling no good at customer care (warranty work) spares, "it's a Land rover, they all do that" "just waiting for parts from Land Rover" Not on my mind as I walked into the Showroom seeing this beauitiful beast in metalic grey big wheels power bulge on bonnet, thats without seeing the new interior, I was in love, guess what, the saleman did not have to much of a problem selling it to me untill he told me that my 2004 Audi Allroad. leather, sat nav. electric seats you name it, with 22k on the clock was worth nothing ,strange that. Blinded by love I carried on and all the time SWMBO kept walking over to the D3 saying "thats a nice car would you not prefer one of those". To cut an allready long story short I drove out with the love of my life , the Defender that is. she leaked very badly she had holes in her and so many build quality issues( again the defender) I felt betrayed, on the fith time back to Sratstone who had been brilliant, delivered courtesy cars ,picked me up, allways polite "we will fix this and get things right for you".
I had had enough, I wrote to Stratstone quoting the Sale of goods Act 1979 requiring all goods supplied to be of satisfactory quality i.e. free from defects and that I had given them reasonable opportunity to repair the car and as they had agreed with me to repair that deems the consumer (ME) has not accepted the goods and I was now rejecting the vehicle and wished to claim a replacement or my money back.
I am now waiting for the long battle with Stratstone and Land Rover.!!!
I had a call the next Morning from the dealer principal very apolegetic and asked that they had one more chance to repair and agreed in writing that if not repaired to my satisfaction I would have the vehicle replaced or my money refunded.
Well the car was delivered back to me a week or so later and leaked the very next morning. They came the next day delivered my courtesy car, the sixth D3 I had now done about 3k in D3 and guess what I was in love again.
Stratsone changed the car for a D3 with a cash adjustment on my side goodwill and a brilliant discount on the Statstone side. All dealt with by the dealer principal and his senior staff.
SO IT CAN BE DONE and there are dealers who can do it.
My faith restored in dealers, thank you Stratstone NEWCASTLE.
Worried about the new Defender, my 15 year old 200Tdi is a testament to build quality then.
OH and SWMBO said "i told you so you should of got that one when I pointed it out in the showroom"

Post #21810825th Oct 2007 2:38 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ah you got there in the end Les and a Happy swmbo as well! Thumbs Up

Welcome!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #21818425th Oct 2007 6:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

You should have just bought a D3 in the first place.
That would have saved your fingers from typing fatigue Laughing

Well done - you know it makes sense [at last] Wink
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #21819325th Oct 2007 6:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >