Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Stuck in France - Transmission fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Dan, it sounds like an engine side issue rather than actually transmission side. Transmission error is just a result of low power fRom engine I think.
I guess you'll take it LR tomorrow, but I'd check engine oil regularly and be very light on the throttle. Engine fault codes Reading should hopefully give you a clearer indication.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #67065511th Jul 2010 6:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mirror88

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Cheers, will update after LR visit tom. Dan
 2011 Discovery 4 HSE  
Post #67066711th Jul 2010 7:07 pm
mirror88

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Hi All,
Just thought id update you as I have just got the car back from the dealers in Switzerland.
I took it down this morning and they said they couldnt fit me in until Thursday - no good as I was planning on returning to the UK on Wed! Anyway, after a bit of grovelling they asked me to leave the car with them so they could have a look at it and put it on the computer - all this by the way in very broken French/English!

Long story short I just picked the car up (still not mended yet) but they said they had put it on the computer and one of the "fuel valves" was stuck and wouldnt open - they said they wouldnt be able to sort this before wednesday but that I would be able to drive this back to England so long as I didnt hammer it - it does seem to be ok around the 60mph mark. To make it even better they didnt charge me a penny. I did ask for a printout of the codes but it got lost in translation.

Does this sound about right and is info they can get from the fault codes? Is this a big job or is it fairly easy to mend if I take it to someone who knows their stuff? Thanks for all your help on this, much appreciated.

Cheers
Dan
 2011 Discovery 4 HSE  
Post #67092412th Jul 2010 12:03 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Fuel Valves...? Maybe one of the injectors (which is perhaps why you get crud over the back of the window when you floor it.)

Getting it fixed for a reasonable price, then you should e-mail 10forcash & see if he can fit you in (he comes to you).

Pity they didn't give you the codes, but Iain's got the gear for getting the same info. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #67092612th Jul 2010 12:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >