Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Subwoofer and Amplifier Install
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mason1337

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Subwoofer and Amplifier Install

Just got my Alpine M850RPM and my Pioneer Champion Series Pro shipped, should be here on wednesday. Ill most likely be doing the install on friday, and ill have pics up by this weekend. Im running 0/1 Gauge cable(future proof Whistle ) and I plan on using the LOGIC7 stock subwoofer signals. Any insight on to routing methods, and the exact location of the subwoofer wiring path would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, i should have the Install documented by the end of this weeked, hopefully Neutral . Ive done installs before, but nothing on a car like the D3. Thumbs Up

Post #30095920th May 2008 2:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kuli0010

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi, don't know the answer to your question. I am currently upgrading my base sound system (leaving the headunit in place). I have replaced front speakers with DLS Reference 6RS, and the rear ones with Focal two way. Amazing difference in sound. Now the hard bit the amp (5 channel) and subwoofer Smile Would be interested in your install

Good luck Thumbs Up

Post #30101820th May 2008 10:08 am
mason1337

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

well, first off let me say wow what an increase in sound performance (bass wise), but overall having the speakers not working so hard to sound bassy really improves the clarity and rattling i used to have. But i did finish, with great results. Overall i would say this is a preety difficult install (took me about 7 hours), but tucking everything away is extremely easy due to the channel in the floor with more than enough room to run 0/1 awg cable. ill just post some pictures now, but if anyone has any questions as to how i did it, ill be glad to help.
Some of the looks i get when its turned up are hilarious Shocked definetly worth it.

the pics will be in my gallery, ill try to get them up here soon

[/img]

Post #30363528th May 2008 2:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Looking forward to seeing your guy's pics Thumbs Up
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #30363928th May 2008 5:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >