Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

SupaGard/DiamondGurad/anyother paint protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

To pick up the ropes from AndrewS on Sunday. South Wales. Bit of a trek for you I guess.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #11044016th Dec 2006 1:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lakeland Land Rover

United Kingdom 

Blakey wrote:
Had it done by the dealer Harwoods at Edenbridge before collection.

They quoted me £400 +VAT for the D3, I informed them that it should be cheaper for the HSE as they don't have to do the alpine roof....hence they said £400 inc VAT.

WTF

£400 + vat i hope that included a full valet tank of juice and a tall leggie topless blond to do it!
 Lakeland Land Rover
The Garage,
Torver,
Coniston,
Cumbria,
LA21 8BJ
Tel: 015394 41888 

Post #11044316th Dec 2006 2:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had my D3 treated with Permagard after reading about it in evo magazine. The man who markets it in the U.K, is the man who Pagani entrusted to market his Zonda. So I fiqured it must be do as it says, as this guy has a good reputation to uphold.
It been very good indeed, especially on the wheels, but you will still need to treat the the plastic trim as it fades etc. The paintwork comes up like new after washing with a ph neutral shampoo, I use Meguairs.
If you look on ebay you can buy the Supaguard kits for less than £20, so the qoutes for £400 seem somewhat steep, imo.
http://www.permagard.info/

Post #11044616th Dec 2006 2:28 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

I saw some quote from one of the agents for supagard or similar and he said that to do it properly, it should take around 90 mins and still give a good margin for the dealership. He despaired of some places that in the grip of greed/shortage of trained staff/incompetance gave it to the YTS trainee/saturday muppet who consequently did a half-a$$ed job in 20 minutes.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #11045016th Dec 2006 3:13 pm
chippypip

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I got a diamondbrite kit off the 'net for around £25, did both the D3 and our 'roller skate' some 8 months ago. The D3 took around 5 hours if I remember, but the end result was, and still is fantastic!

Post #11045216th Dec 2006 3:56 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I bought a Supagard 'sponge pack' of fleabay for a couple of pounds, so willprobably claybar, polish & supagard the Merc before I sell it in March.
Used a claybar on SWMBO's car this afternoon and it makes an incredible difference. If anyone had reservations about using one, don't, they're really good and you notice the difference straight away.

I'd like to have it done by a pro on the D3 when i get it, but £400 is very steep IMO. But other option is me on a sunday afternoon!

We'll see what a job I do on my current car first I think.

Thanks for all your views/info.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #11049116th Dec 2006 7:33 pm
Q8_LR3

Kuwait 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueLR3

If you really want to protect your beast, then you have to put these on it. I had this (3M SCOTHCHGARD) protecting film since 18 months on my LR3 frontal area (untill 1/4 of the bonnet), headlights, doors edges and little on the roof, it's really invisible and my car still looks new, all of that in less than 350£ fitted with 3years warranty.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U..._Info/PPF/

and check also the testing video..
http://shows.implex.tv/3MTV/Root/Automotiv...flight.htm
 '05 LR3 HSE V8 - Adriatic Blue - Larini Exhaust System - Lamp Guards - Dual battery system - Hidden 12k winch - Rasta Sump Guard  
Post #11056117th Dec 2006 7:09 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had the 3M film fitted prior to the Permagard treatment. Wouldn't have a new car without it.

Post #11067718th Dec 2006 12:30 am
TonyH

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Take a look at my posting Paintwork Protection under "Tips & Tricks". I have used a product called Toughseal on two Disco's and other cars. Works well, no repolishing for at least 4 years. Although an international company, there is a distributer based in Shropshire, very helpful. They have a website.
 *Disco3 7-seat Auto
March 2006
Zermatt silver
*Disco TD5 GS Manual
Epson Green
108,000 miles without a single problem
*Disco TD200 Manual
Bonatti Grey
55,000 trouble-free miles
*Various company cars, no comparison 

Post #11069018th Dec 2006 9:52 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that. I've had a look at the site and they're just re-doing the 6-pack professional kit, so I guess will have it updated after Christmas. Might get one to test before I decide on which one for the D3.

Cheers
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #11070518th Dec 2006 11:29 am
lr1

United Kingdom 

I am thinking of doing the Supagard with a 'sponge pack' myself, can be bought for around £20 on e-bay.

I have read somewhere that you need to T-Cut the car first to ensure all wax residue is removed before applying the supagard.

Anyone any experience of applying supagard?

Post #11071218th Dec 2006 1:04 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

From the stuff I've read so far, it's best to use a claybar to get rid of the impurities before you do anything else. (even before the t-cut otherwise you just cut in the impurities)

Again, can be found on e-bay, I had a 'Mothers' pack for about £15 containing a clarbar, detailer spray (to lube the claybar) and some wax.
I would have thought that the wax would evaporate away after a while, but I'm no expert on this.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #11071418th Dec 2006 1:11 pm
Duncster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have a look at www.carsparkle.com

There is a product called CSA3 - Car-Lack68 Nano Systematic Care.

Looking at other forums they all only have great things to say about it.

I have emailed them about a forum discount I will let you know. I havnt used it but as soon as I get a discount code I will be ordering it.

Thanks
Duncan
 15 3.0 RRS HSE - Silver
05 2.7TDV6 S AUTO Silver - Retro-fitted Leather. 

Post #11071818th Dec 2006 1:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >