Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Compusmentis

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Suspension fault

This week's problem was a yellow warning light and a suspension failure warning message.

Looking at the 4x4 info screen, it was the rh rear that was at fault, and code C1A75-1C was a rh rear sensor.

I replaced the sensor, (why do I need an angle grinder to get 2 x 5mm long torx screws out when a bit of copper grease on assembly would make it unneccessary... Censored ) which changed the code to C1A06-1C, but the warning was still there. A new genuine sensor from Land Rover comes with 2 new screws, which seem to be T25 size. I say 'seem' because T25 was a bit loose, but T27 was too big... Confused

After a bit of faffing around, and with huge thanks to Allan_T for his wiring diagrams and schematics of the various connections on the wiring loom, it turned out to be a broken wire, the yellow suppling +5v to the sensor that had failed.

I've soldered a new stretch in to replaced that damaged bit, but I was very disappointed by the state of the cable. It was very corroded, plenty of verdigris, and brittle. If the rest of the car's loom is in a similar state, its not going to be long before all sorts of other electrical gremlins start. Sad
 New gearbox & TC, 3 x front wheel bearings, belts changed, new oil pump, new battery, new rear prop, new front prop, new front diff, front arb refurbed, front cv boot kit, egr blank and BAS software patch, full rear suspension / drivelive rebuild, new front arms, LED trailer light fix, split charge.
Never had a 107, 90 or 127, but have had most of the rest! 

Post #18971153rd Jan 2018 7:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >