Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Pelyma

England 

There is a new compressor out apparently from 04/01/06 part no RQG500090 that only works with version 12 software, but I don't know if that cures your issue either.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3797618th Jan 2006 8:21 am
rsp

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Suspension Fault

Thanks, sounds a more likely scenario given the nature of the fault.
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #3807718th Jan 2006 9:07 pm
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

well, it's been just under 2 weeks after the software upgrade (had a new compressor installed last year) and today .... boing - Suspension Fault Normal Height Only Mad

(before the s/w upgrade it use to say just Suspension Fault)

so back to the service centre tomorrow ...

hmm i think i've visited the service centre close to 15 times so far and have had the car for only 7 months .... Sad
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #3846322nd Jan 2006 10:09 am
BN

England 

hmm i think i've visited the service centre close to 15 times so far and have had the car for only 7 months

That is nearly the same as my second D3, I visited 20 times with many more defects. I covered nearly 2000 miles to and from the dealer and lost the equivalent of 10 working days over a span of 9 months.

Post #3848022nd Jan 2006 2:54 pm
Pelyma

England 

bashir wrote:
well, it's been just under 2 weeks after the software upgrade (had a new compressor installed last year) and today .... boing - Suspension Fault Normal Height Only Mad

(before the s/w upgrade it use to say just Suspension Fault)

so back to the service centre tomorrow ...

hmm i think i've visited the service centre close to 15 times so far and have had the car for only 7 months .... Sad

That is what mine did and was confirmed to be a compressor, of which as I've mentioned there is a new one released 04/01/06, hopefully you can get one of those if you need it.

Post #3854222nd Jan 2006 9:22 pm
rsp

Suspension Fault

Hi Bashir

I am booked in this Wednesday to upgrade the software and to check out the compressor performance. They have the new one, but have been unable so far, to tell me what faults it is meant to fix.
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #3859022nd Jan 2006 11:40 pm
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

hi guys,

spoke to the service centre this morning, and they said exactly what you stated Pelyma. the 3rd rev of the compressor is due to arrive by the end of this month so it'll be going in to get the new compressor. with the s/w update already installed, he said everything should be sweet from them on.

so now just waiting for a day to book the car in over the next 2 weeks ... (yet another visit .. hopefully i'll get a Disco 3 loaner and not a Volvo XC9 *shiver*)

RSP, get the s/w upgrade and get the new compressor (if it has arrived) as per Pelyma's post.

hopefully, i can have some confidence in the car to take it out bush finally !!
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #3859222nd Jan 2006 11:57 pm
Boofrmb

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Hi All, just a quick question with ref to the Suspension problem with the Disco 3. I have owned 4 range rover, with only one that had Air-suspension, but I had no probs with it except for a rebuild of the compressor, which I rebuilt. The question is does the disco3 have a air tank simular to the rangies that fills up, which reduced the use of the compressor.

Rob

Post #3884524th Jan 2006 6:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I believe it does, whether it actually reduces the compressor workload, I doubt it. Its main function will be to make upwards height changes quicker by using the stored air. The compressor will then have to run for a while to replenish the tank. The "Suspension Raising Slowly" message occurs when the tank is empty, and the suspension is then raising on the compressor alone.

If I do three cycles from access to off road height, I get the raising slowly message. The compressor then runs for about 3 minutes, and then shuts off.

Post #3887024th Jan 2006 9:23 am
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

New compressor and software upgrade done on Monday, off to Dunsborough for a week so fingers crossed!!!!!
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #4194911th Feb 2006 12:19 am
rsp

Suspension Fault

After two more visits, I have a second new compressor and the latest software, as of around 2nd Feb.

The end result seems to be that instead of being able to raise 2.5 times before getting a raising slowly message, it happens after 1.5 raises. Have not gone back to the dealers yet but they assured me when I picked it up that it was working according to specification.
Post #4260916th Feb 2006 9:47 am
Jamo

Australia 
Re: Suspension Fault

rsp wrote:
After two more visits, I have a second new compressor and the latest software, as of around 2nd Feb.

The end result seems to be that instead of being able to raise 2.5 times before getting a raising slowly message, it happens after 1.5 raises. Have not gone back to the dealers yet but they assured me when I picked it up that it was working according to specification.

I've just had the latest compressor fitted and have the same situation. I think the software must have been changed to prevent the air tank from being completely discharged in order to protect the system somehow.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #4361422nd Feb 2006 12:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rsp

Suspension Update

After my visit to the dealers, probably back in late Jan, for the latest SW version and compressor, the truck can only manage 1.5 cycles starting with Access height and going to Off-Road height. Previously it managed 2.5 and I was hoping to improve on that.

The explanation from the dealer, via LRA, is that 1.5 is within spec. The dealer did not know why the cycle capability has gone backwards. Nor what the upper and lower limit of the spec is for the cycle.

The limiting factor seems to be the capacity of the air tank, although as that has not changed, it is hard to understand why the cycle is now shorter than before. This is not going anywhere, but I did ask for advice on how long it should take to replenish the tank, ie if the tank is empty, how long should it take to raise the vehicle. Not using access level when off-road seems the best way to avoid being caught out.
Post #5061728th Mar 2006 8:05 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've noticed it too, I would suspect they have lowered the pressure in the receiver to reduce the load on the compressor

Post #5062128th Mar 2006 8:11 am
Pelyma

England 

Mine is a lot noisier too, but as its going I've left it. Looks like my Dad is about to get compressor no 3 after 9,000 miles - not a happy bunny

Post #5084128th Mar 2006 7:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >