Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
rsp

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Suspension Fault/Upgrade

As you say, 10forcash, they have done something to the system, no doubt to reduce the stress on the compressor. I have not seen the compressor overheating messaage recently and that seemed to come up when the raising slowly message appeared. As long as the system is more reliable and it refills the tank in a reasonable time, then it is fine with me. It is just surprising that the dealers seem to know nothing about it, which is frustrating.
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #5089128th Mar 2006 10:44 pm
RetiredBob

Twisted Evil Just back from a trip which involved mainly towing a large van on and off dirt roads. No problems with the suspension and the vehicle worked great. But Murphy has struck again, have been home for a week and the "Suspension Fault" light started appearing again. Have been to the local dealar and yes the compressor is faulty. So I now have to wait for compressor#3. This will be a longer wait as I was informed that another compressor has now been built and it has to come from the UK. Here's hoping

Post #5148831st Mar 2006 9:34 pm
rsp

Suspension Fault

Is this yet another new compressor since the one in January? It would be good to find out what the difference is from the prior one.
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #515081st Apr 2006 2:39 am
Jamo

Australia 

I bypassed compressor 2 and went straight to compressor 3 when I had my troubles.

LRA still has stocks of the 72 model (some of which had an exhaust valve problem) so will fit it unless you specifically request the 90 model.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #521525th Apr 2006 12:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Have now travelled approx 7000 kms since new comp and s/w no problems!!!! Laughing Smile Smile
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #522846th Apr 2006 3:33 am
Husky

Australia 

discodownunder wrote:
Have now travelled approx 7000 kms since new comp and s/w no problems!!!! Laughing Smile Smile

Great news! I hope all continues to go well Very Happy

We have a 2006 build car arriving in a few weeks time (we hope). From what I can gather the 2006 build cars should have the third generation of compressor fitted.

Post #524336th Apr 2006 11:16 pm
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

i've travelled 3000kms with the new compressor and no issues at all
knowing my luck, each time i post something good about the car, something else goes wrong .... Wink
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #524427th Apr 2006 2:20 am
Husky

Australia 

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anybody Very Happy

Post #524437th Apr 2006 2:26 am
RetiredBob

My tolerance level with and my satisfaction and confidence in the Disco3 is at an all time low.

Checked in with the dealer about my replacement compressor and was informed that it still hasn't arrived in country and anyway they would not be able to replace it until well after the 20th April. Evil or Very Mad Great - we were scheduled to depart on a trek with our caravan on the 19th. Twisted Evil Sad

Contacted LR Aust and vented my spleen and they said they would chase it up. They eventually got back to me and said that the replacement compressors would not be available until at least the 19th April. Mad

It is intolerable that a car in excess of A$100k (with options) has these problems and LR Aust and dealers do not seem to care of if they care offer no alternative apart from being apologetic. - big deal

I love the vehicle but I am now finding it very hard to speak up and support the Disco. The after sales service for known problems is abysmal.

Post #5272310th Apr 2006 8:37 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

can they not borrow a unit from their demo or managers car ? would only be disabled until the 19th. Not long for them and they have you as a happier customer off away on hols with a refreshed smile on his face ???

Now that would be good customer service.

-s

Post #5272510th Apr 2006 8:41 am
Husky

Australia 

RetiredBob wrote:
My tolerance level with and my satisfaction and confidence in the Disco3 is at an all time low.

It is intolerable that a car in excess of A$100k (with options) has these problems and LR Aust and dealers do not seem to care of if they care offer no alternative apart from being apologetic. - big deal

I love the vehicle but I am now finding it very hard to speak up and support the Disco. The after sales service for known problems is abysmal.

I am really sorry to hear that your problems have continued Crying or Very sad I agree with you 100% that for the sort of money paid you deserve better!

In a market like Australia where the Land Rover brand is percieved as unreliable the path to increased market share is good word of mouth. All the stops should be pulled out to ensure a customer that has stood by and supported the product even after problems is looked after.

Post #5273710th Apr 2006 9:26 am
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

RetiredBob,
I felt the same way as you do a little while ago. I vented my frustation at the service dealer and did the same with LR Customer Care. All I told them was "I wanted to return the car and get a new one". LRCC took notice and chased the dealer. I went through all the compressor issue until recently when I got the latest revision. But inbetween when I was continually at the service centre, the service guy did remove a compressor from a demo and put it into mine to rectify it. Funny enough, a week later eventhough the part number was newer, I had the same problem. I kept on LRCC and the service dealer and then was offered a free service by LRCC for all my troubles. I didn't take it, so I got some accessories instead (as i'm on a corporate service plan).
so what i'd do is exactly what simon stated - tell them I either want a new compressor from a demo or the like OR i want to return the car for another one - say this to both the dealer and LRCC. hopefully you might just get to go on your trip with some peace of mind. i'd also chase up the dealer principal who sold you the car. remind them how much you spent with them and that you are wanting to return the car .... then see how far they'll jump for you.

I hope it works out for you RetiredBob .... good luck
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #5277810th Apr 2006 12:44 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Put in in writing and hand deliver to the dealer principal while you explain what you want them to do.

Send a copy to LR too if you get no joy from the dealer. Also make sure you explain this in the letter you hand over.

-s

Post #5278010th Apr 2006 12:52 pm
RetiredBob

Thnks Simon, Bashir and Husky for your input.

The most frustrating thing is that a few years ago when I was on a trip with my fairly new Disco TD5 and towing a van, the TD5 developed a fault with the lighting system and other strange faults when I was passing through Toowoomba. The fault was diagnosed as a faulty Body Control Unit (think that is what it is called). The dealer had to source a replacement unit from the UK and a replacement unit arrived in just over 48 hours. During the down time I was supplied with a hire car from Roadside Assist to get me around and seeing as I had my van no accommodation was necessary.

The question is - Why do I now have to wait four weeks for a part??? Are there different rules for travelling or not travelling for warranty problems???

Why I am so angry is that we have been planning this trip for two years. I intended to be with my family for Anzac Day, have one of my grandsons march with me and then go trekking with vans with one of my sons and his family. My son had to arrange his leave dates six months ahead to be with us and now all planning has gone down the gurgler.

I will be making more representation to LR Aust today but do not hold out any hope of a quick resolution.

Post #5282610th Apr 2006 8:52 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I believe that such a long wait time is unacceptable.

The part should be flown out overnight from the UK if need be.

LR would have known about the fault for some time if they deemed it necessary to have a new model compressor built and therefore should have taken steps to ensure adequate stockholding.

If I ran my business like that, then I'd be out of business. If this current compressor that I've got now fails, then I fully intend billing LRA for the business costs associated with not having the vehicle available.

Go to the dealer and vent your 'concerns' in a loud voice when there are plenty of potential buyers around. You'll be surprised how much extra assistance you'll get.

If anyone from LRCC is reading these posts (and it's almost certain that you are) , do something positive about this situation and start helping owners and lifting the reputation of Landrover!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #5316512th Apr 2006 5:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >