Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jack

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Suspension fault

Really not had a good run recently with the Disco. Key fob decided to stop working, delaminated intercooler hose (spot on with that one DSL) and now the suspension bushes/control arms.

I knew the bushes were Censored and was in the process of having them changed (currently on order) but now the suspension fault light has appeared. Is it possible that the rattling on the front control arms / ARB is causing the amber light or is it likely to be yet another seperate fault?

Any ideas welcomed.

Post #59106527th Jan 2010 9:30 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Does it raise / lower Ok?
Is it even on level ground?

Post #59106927th Jan 2010 9:37 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just had my lower control arm bushes replaced. There was a distinct thud and movemment on braking.
Before this I had had a suspension calibration done or at least they tried (blamed the remote adjustable rods for failure Rolling Eyes ) Independent couldn't get it to calibrate either, it went into 'suspension fault max 30mph' Eventually got to calibrate but the supension was 'jiggly' and the thud was very evident.
It was after this the bushes were replaced.
I think the loose suspension may have caused some unexpected signals? Idea So if wear is bad enough maybe it could cause a fault?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #59116927th Jan 2010 12:09 pm
Jack

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Just got back from the dealers. They've said it's the compressor (£550 fitted approx) although the vehicle does raise and lower, the compressor is noisy apparently??

Thoroughly fed up with the Disco at the moment. Going to be heading towards £1500 in 3 weeks at this rate and I've still got the key fob to sort.

Out of shear frustration I've asked the dealer what he would do a D4 GS for with my bag of bolts in part ex. Will get a call tomorrow with a quote.

As much as I love the Disco when it's running, I'm seriously considering something else.

Post #59145427th Jan 2010 7:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >