Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension fault - have I done something wrong??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
sunlion

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Java BlackLR3

Gary, the vacuum gauge tool is a good idea.

My 3 is listing to the right. Need to find someone with tool that I can use to do a recal. It went out of calibration after a recent off roading experience. Prolly should bite the bullet and bridge the Gap!!!!

Post #208565120th Sep 2019 6:54 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Just found it useful when u wish to test a line or to ensure a valve block isn’t letting by past the solenoids or O rings , after rebuilding it

I also used the larger engine oil vacuum pump when testing bigger lines, inc isolating valves so that when u pull a vacuum can ensure that it can’t drop past the vacuum tool ur using

The small hand ones are normally used to bleed ur brakes

Yeh i know, I need to get out more Laughing

Post #208565620th Sep 2019 7:17 pm
sunlion

off topic but......preview of my build........

Post #208567120th Sep 2019 7:56 pm
mark george

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ok Guys here's the latest. New compressor purchased and fitted... Problem Solved? Not a chance!

Once fitted system still faulted every time i touched the height adjustment - either up or down! with persistent pressing and resetting with the IId it eventually lifted, back first then eventually with some persuasion the front went up. Now here's the thing.. When it raised and i switched off there is a hissing from the front n/s spring, i can feel the air gushing out, so great news I seem to have found the fault making the front drop.

Now though the back end is stick in off road and will not lower, every time i adjust height i get an instant fault C1A13-64 (AF) pressure wont vent etc. even if i keep resetting the back end wont lower. I was getting this before i replaced the pump too.

I'll order the bits for the front spring leak but any suggestions on the rear issue? It all seemed OK before I rebuilt the drier on the first pump, so when i bought a new unit I was hopeful of a result! DOH! Big Cry

Post #20897485th Oct 2019 3:11 pm
sunlion

Bummer. Slow progress but you’ll get it. Sounds like the old pump wasn’t functioning well enough to allow you to identify the leak up front. Perhaps the rear valve block is plugged somehow. Check the connection to the reservoir block also.

My rig is still dropping to the right. Haven’t had it recalibrated yet.

Post #20898045th Oct 2019 6:27 pm
mark george

Yep, looks like i'm chasing faults... Pump was definitely up the swanny, the gallery pressure is climbing lovely now so yes i think you are right Sunlion there wasn't enough pressure to hear the front leak. The rear end is a mystery though and I don't get what the fault is telling me..

Post #20898215th Oct 2019 7:30 pm
mark george

New gas spring ordered this morning, ill check back in then that's fitted. I have noticed on the menu tree for the IID tool paperwork, under the service/test section there is a option for test valves and adjust front/rear etc. can i use this to try and bring the back end down? the swmbo says the truck looks like something out of the 'wacky races' sat on the drive.

Post #20899596th Oct 2019 10:46 am
mark george

New gas spring fitted today - no leak! Very Happy , eventually got the front up by raising and resetting fault several times simultaneously. Thing is, the back raised as well and now still got the original fault of the back end sky high and will not lower. I think this must be some kind of extended mode? can anyone tell from this photo? Every time i adjust height, up or down, it instantly faults, i have to keep resetting to get anything to happen. Now though nothing will happen, up or down, front or back... weird thing is is that if i ask it to raise, it always says lowering?

could this be a fault with the rear valve block not allowing it to vent?

Post #209391220th Oct 2019 6:30 pm
mark george

no progress made yet, I tried lowering the rear using the IID but would not move, i managed to raise the front using IId but that's about it!

as soon as i start i get an instant fault CA13-64(AF) pressure does not decrease when venting gallery. As soon as i clear it it comes straight back instantly. what would be causing this?

please help! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #209507425th Oct 2019 6:25 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

If front goes up and down but rear stays up, then its possibly a problem with the rear valve block or rear is out of adjustment (height sensor)

Post #209512025th Oct 2019 11:13 pm
longclose

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

mark george wrote:
no progress made yet, I tried lowering the rear using the IID but would not move, i managed to raise the front using IId but that's about it!

as soon as i start i get an instant fault CA13-64(AF) pressure does not decrease when venting gallery. As soon as i clear it it comes straight back instantly. what would be causing this?

please help! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

I had this problem before with a new compressor. Check my link below, not sure if you have a AMK compressor or Hitachi? The AMK was the culprit, I changed it as I was doing an overland trip.. guess what failed the new compressor, old saying goes if it aint broken dont fix it.

Make sure you compressor exhaust pipe is not kinked first or maybe disconnect it to be double sure, that way if it does exhaust the gallery/reservoir you will hear it.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/amk-compres...40697.html

Interesting though I have just bought another D3 in the UK and fixed basically all faults on the compressor which is pressurising up nicely but I get CA13 when I try and raise to off road height. Have posted on the topic this afternoon.
 Owning a Discovery 3 is like dating a model.. a firm body and shape, wow.. the ride is fantastic >Very Happy for this your wallet can take a pounding and you worry about being deflated at any time...
2009 Model D3 HSE 

Post #20968651st Nov 2019 6:31 pm
longclose

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

From my link above I have just found this diagnosis by a search.. this will hopefully allow you to get to the bottom of your troubles... and hopefully mine.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/suspension-...aust+valve
 Owning a Discovery 3 is like dating a model.. a firm body and shape, wow.. the ride is fantastic >Very Happy for this your wallet can take a pounding and you worry about being deflated at any time...
2009 Model D3 HSE 

Post #20968691st Nov 2019 6:50 pm
mark george

lost the will to live.... New rear valve block fitted, wires tested and ok, but rear goes up (after letting all the pressure out while changing valve), but will not come down, still the same C1A13-64 fault. Now this sounds weird but when i 'deflated all' using the IID tool, the rear went up??? its once again in some kind of super extended mode... Now if there was a problem with the pipe from the rear valve block to the reservoir valve block then surely the suspension wouldn't raise at all?? could it be the reservoir block causing me a problem?

Post #21029581st Dec 2019 4:44 pm
mark george

will to live still hasn't returned... Sad Front and rear valve blocks replaced, new compressor, exhaust pipe disconnected to eliminate that being blocked. one things being troubling me, if the back goes up pipes must be clear so it should come down... After giving the problem some thought, I disconnected the rear valve block feed pipe from the reservoir valve block then did a deflate all through the IId, Presto it lowered to its haunches Razz , reconnected and started car, watched live values on the gallery pressure and all ok.

soon as i ask vehicle to raise, same C1a13-64 fault pressure wont decrease?? if i rest the fault vehicle raises, so got it back in normal height, but after a few seconds fault returns.

Now could this be the reservoir valve causing the problem? or is it wiring related? its a new compressor, and the old one was doing exactly the same before changing it..

Post #210595514th Dec 2019 3:12 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Maybe the system does not know where it is at - so a check of all height values could be required or a height sensor out of wack

Post #210607014th Dec 2019 11:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >