Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Nc1989

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Suspension issues

Hello all, I’m looking for a little guidance with some suspension issues I have. I’ve spent hours searching but can’t really find anything that satisfies my mind of what the problem is.

My 55 plate D3 tdv6 has been dropping significantly over 3-5 days from standard height since around Xmas time. I’ve finally moved house to one with a nice flat driveway so I’ve been able to do some investigations. Also to add to this, since I’ve owned it (3yrs) if I park it in access overnight the next morning unless I leave 5 mins it to build air up I get suspension rising slowly message. No lights or warnings ever during my ownership.

What I’ve found is when parked in standard height with fuse 26 removed, I’m losing 10mm from all corners equally every 24 hours. Also when monitoring gallery pressure after maybe 2 hours I’m down to 130kpa from 1300kpa (compressor does reach 1780kpa and cuts out fine).

I know that I must have a leak on the supply side, either drier cap or reservoir and I’m going to do some leak checking tonight. What I’m stuck on is if a leak there would cause the suspension to drop when the fuse is pulled? Or do I need to investigate all 3 valve blocks too? Surely when the fuse is pulled all 4 corners would be isolated so the only way it would drop evenly is if the valve blocks were also leaking, or does it not work like that?

Thank you in advance for any help that can be given!

Post #194561116th May 2018 8:34 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

1. Check you have removed the correct fuse! 20A yellow

2. If there is white dust in the system that prevents the seals working well, its possible the front and rear valves need cleaning / new seals (£15 off ebay)

Post #194564816th May 2018 12:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >