Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bodstruck

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Suspension issues

Lots of posts on here about suspension woes and some good pointers for diagnosing issues. Before I get too stuck in I thought I would make sure I was on the right track with my approach.

After a day of greenlining a week or so ago I was getting an intermittent suspension fault with an amber warning light. Sorted itself out and was fine the following day. Car sat for the best part of a week and the suspension had dropped all round. Fired it up, suspension levelled and drove OK for a bit. Then I got a red warning - suspension fault, max 30MPH and eventually it felt like we were on a fairground ride bouncing around and I can only assume it was down on the bump stops. Parked up, left it for a bit, started up again and it drove fine.
Left for a few more days and the suspension had dropped again. Cleared the codes, ran it for a bit and have the following error:

Suspension
• C1A73-1C (AF) Front right height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
• C1A04-1C (2E) Front right height sensor - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
Vehicle Dynamic
• U0132-87 (08 ) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
• U0421-68 (0B) Invalid data received from ride level control module - Algorithm based failure - event information

Still very mucky underneath so jobs appear to be:
Clean up and use soapy water to check for any air leaks
Clean and check the connections on height sensors
Replace front right height sensor.

Anything else I should check? Should I aim to replace the sensors in pairs? Been advised to pay close attention to the air tank.

Post #203885821st Mar 2019 12:34 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Might be the loom/connector to the sensor rather than the sensor itself.

I have replacements available here: https://www.disco3.co.uk/shop/6-pin-plug-f...r-p61.html

Tank issue gives (from memory) "gallery failed to reach pressure" (or similar) DTC.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Last edited by Martin on 21st Mar 2019 1:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #203887021st Mar 2019 1:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Asa

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

You have most areas covered, however I had this recently " Air Spring supply too many transitions" from the fault reader.

The suspension if left for 2+ days dropped to the bump stops.

Turned out to be a leaking passenger side strut. You could hear it albeit it very quiet. 167k miles but reckon on these being at best the second set needed so far.

Replaced both fronts and all good.

Just a thought sorry to add a bit more!

Post #203887121st Mar 2019 1:12 pm
Bodstruck

Tried checking and cleaning the contacts on the OSF sensor wiring plug - no difference. Same error and suspension drops over the course of about 24 hours.
Cleared the codes, popped it back up to offroad height, in build mode and fuse removed to try and ascertain if there is an air leak or it is just the suspension levelling itself due to a dodgy sensor.
Cleaned and checked all round with soapy water - no sign of any leaks. Compressor was replaced fairly recently so all good. Air tank looks a bit shabby though (ends and top).
Set of 4 height sensors on the way (decent price for full set on eBay), new wiring connector for OSF sensor ordered from forum shop and new air tank on its way from Duckworths. Let's see how we get on with that lot Smile

Post #204049226th Mar 2019 5:24 pm
Bodstruck

Martin wrote:
Might be the loom/connector to the sensor rather than the sensor itself.

I have replacements available here: https://www.disco3.co.uk/shop/6-pin-plug-f...r-p61.html

Tank issue gives (from memory) "gallery failed to reach pressure" (or similar) DTC.

Thanks Martin, have ordered one from the shop.

Post #204049826th Mar 2019 5:30 pm
Bodstruck

Ride height sensor replaced today. Had to run through calibration twice for some reason but all appears well now.
Tank is looking a little worse for wear on the ends so will replace that anyway, just not right now.

Post #204171430th Mar 2019 8:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >