Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Disco Dog

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
Suspension Problems

For some time now every time I even look at a greenlane I get a bong and the message 'Special Programs Off -Normal Ride height only).

I then have to recycle the ignition , select offroad height, then wait for the next bong. It will stay in offroad height though.

The Dealer had it for 3 weeks and despite e-mailing LR Technical the 'Black Box' recordings they made - still no joy.

On Sunday all the above happened. I had to engage extended mode to get it over a particularly evil looking rock whereupon it decided to stay in extended mode no matter how many times I recycled the ignition. Also told me not to go over 30 mph (of course that's perfectly feasible when having to use the M6 and the A6).

To add insult to injury the EPB started making noises like a bull being castrated every time I applied it, then told me it wasn't working. Recycling the ignition each time did clear that though.

Also put my MTR's on on Sunday and noticed the tyres wearing really badly on the inside of the two fronts.

LR Assistance recovered the vehicle this morning and somebody from LR Technical is coming out to look at it.

Apart fron the tyres, which I know is a known fault, does anyone have any experience of the other problems please?

How on earth the Censored thing managed to get through the G4 challenge is anybody's guess.

Sorry to go on, but I'm really disappointed.

Thanks

John
 2006 G4 Challenge Support Vehicle  
Post #16821319th Jun 2007 1:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >