Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

swift window
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
swift window

Anyone ever had a problem with there front middle window on there swift caravan at all. mines an 08 model and when i have been towing for a few miles it has pushed againsed the inner window and you can hear it coming away from it sounds like its going to split,just wondering if this is a commom problem and is it a recall. thanks

Post #92451925th Apr 2012 9:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

Had the nearside one split apart (outer and inner) last year on our Abbey (same Swift Group product). They cant be glued back together (I tried various glues - nothing would hold it, and conversations with quite a few caravan repairers all said the same, unfixable), so its a new window - are you sitting down. 330quid for the smaller one, and stupidly I asked about the big center one, over 500 quid.

See if you can find a 'van breaker with one, or there is a place that will make you a new one, but they werent much different in price to a genuine one.

The other pain in the a55 is that your original ones will have faded in the sunlight, and the new one will be as it was when new, so a different shade now.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #92463725th Apr 2012 2:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thanks for that. Will it split apart without warning then. Insurence i guess when it comes to it.

Post #92464625th Apr 2012 2:54 pm
Biffysun

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Curly, I have a 2011 Swift Charisma just back from the dealers last week. I had complained about the front centre window which appeared to move to one side (left as viewed from front) after travelling. I had previously noticed this and released the catches, centred it then relocked it. The dealer tells me there is a spacer on the top outer hinge which is supposed to stop this happening and mine was missing! Crying or Very sad Could this be the same problem which is causing your window to move? maybe an easy fix before any damage is caused! Thumbs Up

Post #92471425th Apr 2012 4:47 pm
al cope

England 

When I looked at ours after it was taken off, you could see dirty water marks in the bottom, so I guess the seal had gone on ours for a while, before working its way up the sides.

Yes, did our via insurance claim.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #92475225th Apr 2012 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >