DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

T H White
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
T H White

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experiences, positive or negative, with T H White in Swindon? I'm thinking of buying a second hand D3 from them and was wondering if anyone had used them before. They seem nice and helpful so far anyway.

Thanks,
Brendan.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #617242nd Jun 2006 10:53 pm
Pelyma

England 

I have heard lots of good things about them, but I haven't used them myself.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #617363rd Jun 2006 7:03 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

They are my local dealer.

Initial impressions were not good - by way of a test drive I was treated with a demo vehicle that was very lived in. When it came to do a deal they gave me a price for my car on the phone and told me the sticker price for a nearly-new on the forecourt. When I said I would come in to do some 'negotiation' they announced that the price to me would be the difference between the two. I bought from another dealer.

The good news is that the aftercare and dealer service that I have received since has been outstanding, so perhaps I got the saturday boy, rather than the real salesman. I've posted my praise about them elsewhere on this forum, as have others - try a search.

Post #617373rd Jun 2006 8:12 am
Guy

United Kingdom 

My local dealer too. I've had two Freelanders off them but both my DII and D3 have been lease cars and came from elsewhere. A++ for both sales and service: very friendly and helpful service team - recommended.

Post #617723rd Jun 2006 6:22 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Excellent sales service, the best I've experienced, got one of the cheapest deals as well.
Can't comment on the service dept. yet.

Post #625117th Jun 2006 12:10 pm
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

OK, well I did it anyway, got a 05 HSE from them and picked it up yesterday. I was dealing with Matt and Tim, both very friendly and helpful. 500 miles later and I'm now home with it, and everything is going well so far anyway. Smile

Post #627568th Jun 2006 7:14 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
T.H. White,- not for me.

Cannot say the same I'm afraid, couldn't sort the issues out for me, service manager full of pathetic excuses, and to cap it all I found scratches on glass,( how the hell did that happen? )also found structure next to tailgate struts was scratched, where it looks like the numpty that checked them had disconnected them from the attachment ball and just 'rested' the weight of the tailgate on the paintwork while checking the threaded parts were tight, clever eh! I would say,if you care about your D3, avoid this dealership. On a lighter note, the parts department were very helpful,and ordered some parts I required ready for me to collect when dropping my D3 off. PS I also got the freelander that smells of pooch as a loaner.

Last edited by DN on 6th Nov 2006 12:42 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #821242nd Sep 2006 11:36 am
dazadd

England 

Found both the service dept and parts dept excellent to deal with. Sales team came across as arrogant and didn't listen to my requirements - all they were interested in doing was sell me a new car, so i bought elsewhere. However the service dept have solved all problems i have had with the car since quickly and well including the enhancements. Parts dept are very helpful when trying to obtain parts and accessories.

Post #821252nd Sep 2006 11:50 am
sufun

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I have to agree that the sales department was pretty bad. Didn't seem to be interested in selling me a car; so I bought mine elsewhere. I do bring my car to get problems sorted on warranty though. Service team seems ok and I quite like the SMS message they send when your car is ready for collection. Loan car is pretty bad, it's usually an old Freelander that smells of wet dog. They did loan me a RR once and that was fine. My opinion is that when a garage loan a car to their customer, they should always loan one which is equivalent or better so that the customer gets to try out the car, who knows, they may even upgrade the car with the dealer. Of course ... the service department and the sales department never works together.

Does anyone knows the price of the 1st service TH White in Wotton Bassett quotes?
 TDV6 SE  
Post #9703827th Oct 2006 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Ha ha my car always smells of dog!! Embarassed
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #9705027th Oct 2006 11:13 am
sufun

I have seen your car ... it's clean!!! Trust me ... the loan car was in a pretty bad shape if you asked me.
 TDV6 SE  
Post #9722427th Oct 2006 8:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave

United Kingdom 

TH White are tops. Recently moved to the area so didn't buy the car from them. However the service dept readily did all i wanted with regards warranty (yes I know they should anyway but its the manner in which its done that counts to me) and an excellent courtessy valet aswell.

I will use them all the time now 8)
 Captain Nick Medhurst would ask:
"What is the first rule when overlanding?"

I would Reply:
"Duratrac" 

Post #9723627th Oct 2006 9:52 pm
sufun

Gee ... it must be me then. I didn't even get a courtesy valet.
 TDV6 SE  
Post #9755130th Oct 2006 10:07 am
azure111s

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I only have experience of their sales dept. and IMO it was appalling. Bought elsewhere.

Post #989315th Nov 2006 12:52 pm
sufun

Just called them yesterday for a first service quote. £314 inclusive of VAT BUT they wanted to charge me £11+ for a loan car (Freelander) and it's a wash and vac, not even a full valet. I thought I would use a local dealer ... but with this kind of charges and service, I hope they go out of business soon. Our previous car was a BMW and the dealers were great. Efficient, FREE courtesy car, car always cleaned. I might have to call around a bit and take the car elsewhere. Seems like Si's recommendation at Reading seems good if I can ask nicely for the 10% discount.
 TDV6 SE  
Post #993807th Nov 2006 7:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >