Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Tachograph Fitment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Clarabella

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

mantamad wrote:
but my friend who will be also using it now and again to collect cars runs a rally prep firm so do we need to fit a tacho for either use???
Many thanks

Hi,

Yes you would need a tacho fitted because your friend is using the D3 for "hire or reward" He is using the D3 as part of his business.

Post #69378417th Sep 2010 7:25 am
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

the other issue would be if your friend is driving the d3 on any events either to or from. So long as you can prove by the roadside that he is not having any financial gain from his participation, then you'll not need to use it but and a big butt........... if yer man's been driving yer d3 during the week under UK tacho rules its very important that he can demonstrate to vosa at the roadside that he had not driven in excess of the UK tacho rules prior to the weekend he's helping or you might find he cant drive the vehicle even for pleasure.

Also you might want to get some clarification from vosa as to what might happen if he's been driving the d3 during the week under tacho rules, then helps you at the weekend, as to whether that period whilst helping you is considered to be part of his weekly break time from UK tacho rules and the Working time directive or not?

Believe me I seen many a vosa van pulling 4x4 and trailers leaving or going in to rally events/car shows as well as HGV drivers going to truck shows or vintage rallies with their tractor units but have exceeded their weekly driving limits simply by participating in what they think is a private event coz they were at the wheel of a HGV at the time vosa pulled them, handing down a fine for exceeding their weekly driving limits or for not having the weekly rest period prior to the forthcoming weeks work. Shocked

Post #69409218th Sep 2010 12:08 am
pete57

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Any update on tachograph fitment

Hi, I'm going to have to have a tacho fitted and possibly have an operators licence as well. The last thing I want to do is spoil the looks of my D3. I'm not sure what the differences between anologue and digital, the law implications and the looks.
Reading the forums I'm unsure if the fitting of a tacho is possible in a D3 (May 07) or if this is now been updated.
Has anyone got any pictures of a tachograph fitted nicely in a D3? Please let me know?
VOSA are getting a bit keen. I pull large catering units to shows, festivals and events and I've heard lots get pulled over that are pulled by 4X4's.
 D3 Buckingham Blue SE Auto
BMW 325i Convertible
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
Fiesta1.4TDCi 

Post #71809719th Nov 2010 2:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >