Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

TDV6 injector suspect?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Stevepd

United Kingdom 
TDV6 injector suspect?

My car was serviced 3 weeks ago with no issues. Started the car the other morning to swap the fleet around and it was lumpy as a lumpy thing. Later on I read the codes and did a live feed of the injectors and #1 was floating around 1293. The other 5 were around 900. I cleared all the codes and drove it to work and I’ve just re-read the codes and got nothing.

The live levels on a warmed were:
Inj 1 - 1237
Inj 2 - 940
Inj 3 - 971
Inj 4 - 907
Inj 5 - 932
Inj 6 - 915

The lumpyness has been present before but simply disappeared. The car is run on Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate. Performance is good and mpg floats around 28+

Any advice welcome and I shall monitor it on tomorrow’s cold start.

The next day......
I plugged the IID tool in for the days cold start and 32 mile run to work. Initial start was smooth with no lumpyness at all and the idling figures for all 6 injectors were 983. Focusing on injector #1 off throttle it’s idle readings whilst on the move were 1344, 1358 twice, then from 820 seconds onwards 1276, 1295, 1305 then float around the 12**mark until journeys end. By contrast the other 5 injectors on throttle were all showing 983 and off throttle were around the 900 range.

I have to say it’s the first time I’ve used the tool in anger other than clearing codes and it’s easy to use, the information available to the user is tremendous.

I had a lumpy idle again on Sunday and plugged in the IID tool and got the following code logged. P0029A-00(6Cool cyl 1 balance - fuel trim at max limit. I spoke with the indie I’ve been using for years and his take was (as per my thread) after it’s warmed up, it’s below 1300 so don’t worry about it, even though I explained that cyl 1 was/is approx 100 units above the other 5. He said the cons of changing it; debris getting into the engine and if he has to use a slide hammer etc.

As mentioned the car is run on BP Ultimate or V-Power mainly doing 64miles a day with the odd day of an 8 miler if the wife takes it. Should I give the 2SO a go, but I have already put in the archoid d-400 cleaner. Lastly it doesn’t happen all the time. I’m going to record today’s drive to work recording the inj figures.

Steve.

Post #204631616th Apr 2019 7:02 am
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Remember injector 1 indicated by the tool may not be cylinder 1. Embarassed

Post #204634716th Apr 2019 9:16 am
LR3norway

Norway 

Injector 1 is Sylinder 1.

Mine also was high, 1200 +.
After changing the one injector, the cold start and idle got smoother. Before it was a bit lumpy and surging idle when cold.

Post #204637416th Apr 2019 11:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >