DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Terrain Response - what does it actually do
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
BN

England 

simon wrote:
What ?

Gareth being 102 (and slightly older than the great BN)
The Golf
The 'boy'
The Sheep

or the golf club as a torture device ???

-s

The bit you missed, glad to be of help Very Happy Wink

Post #2889021st Nov 2005 9:55 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
simon wrote:
What ?

Gareth being 102 (and slightly older than the great BN)
The Golf
The 'boy'
The Sheep

or the golf club as a torture device ???

-s

The bit you missed, glad to be of help Very Happy Wink

Oh bloody ha ha... I used to be helpful until other took over Wink Then I gave up and started being annoying Razz Razz

Post #2889321st Nov 2005 9:56 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Baaaa, I wish.

Quote:
Less of the old... Gareth is actually 102 and plays golf for a living in the wilds of Shropshire whilst his 'boy' installs tecno stuff in the club house

Post #2892621st Nov 2005 10:24 pm
simon

Gareth wrote:
Baaaa, I wish.

Quote:
Less of the old... Gareth is actually 102 and plays golf for a living in the wilds of Shropshire whilst his 'boy' installs tecno stuff in the club house

You are the master of little cartoons !

Where did you find that ??

Post #2893921st Nov 2005 10:32 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
Gareth wrote:
Baaaa, I wish.

Quote:

You are the master of little cartoons !

Where did you find that ??

Excellent

Post #2894521st Nov 2005 10:37 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Apologies for the interjection, but can anyone confirm whether the suspension resets to normal height when switching off "mud & ruts" in low range?

The manual says it will so long as the car is still moving, but mine refuses to go down Embarassed (unless I lower it with the suspension height switch).

Another thought has just struck me ... mine I think only suffers "suspension failure" in "Mud & Ruts" (and usually in reverse) .... which settings are specific ONLY to this function??
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #2898421st Nov 2005 11:39 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

DaveT wrote:
Apologies for the interjection, but can anyone confirm whether the suspension resets to normal height when switching off "mud & ruts" in low range?

The manual says it will so long as the car is still moving, but mine refuses to go down Embarassed (unless I lower it with the suspension height switch).

Another thought has just struck me ... mine I think only suffers "suspension failure" in "Mud & Ruts" (and usually in reverse) .... which settings are specific ONLY to this function??

Ahh yours is a manual gearbox? I think there is a problem with the software not liking the gearbox going backwards, for example on a failed hill climb when you dont get reverse quick enough. I am sure someone will interject here 'cos I don't know any more than that.

Post #2898822nd Nov 2005 12:09 am
BN

England 

DaveT wrote:

There is a problem, what version of software are you on now, V11 or higher?

Post #2899722nd Nov 2005 7:57 am
simon

Gareth wrote:
DaveT wrote:

Ahh yours is a manual gearbox? I think there is a problem with the software not liking the gearbox going backwards, for example on a failed hill climb when you dont get reverse quick enough. I am sure someone will interject here 'cos I don't know any more than that.

mmm I have a manual and have never suffered a 'Suspension Failure' message when off road going forwards or backwards - yes I had a couple of failed hill climbs during my 1st Rockingham trip.

Also my D3 does go up when selecting M&R and then goes down when selecting Normal mode.

-s

Post #2900222nd Nov 2005 8:37 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:
Gareth wrote:
DaveT wrote:

But you had that many upgrades trying to get your settings menu to work that you probably got this fix unknowingly.

mmm I have a manual and have never suffered a 'Suspension Failure' message when off road going forwards or backwards - yes I had a couple of failed hill climbs during my 1st Rockingham trip.

Also my D3 does go up when selecting M&R and then goes down when selecting Normal mode.

-s

Post #2900522nd Nov 2005 9:29 am
simon

mmmaybe.

I guess I have the latest at the time software and I did have the suspension ECU connector re-seated a week after I had the car. Since that, no suspension errors for nearly a year.

-s

Post #2901122nd Nov 2005 9:52 am
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks for the replies, yes, mine's manual, not sure which version of software. Originally v8 I think, but I believe updated about 3 weeks ago when my 3rd compressor was fitted - which I think makes it v13. Dealer couldn't confirm.

It was back in today for connectors kit (?) to be fitted to try and fix suspension. Unfortunately wrong parts arrived at dealer so work not completed.

Will ask them about the possible "reverse fault" and why it refuses to go down when I pick it up tomorrow.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #2921522nd Nov 2005 11:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >