Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Test drive in United States
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jwblue

United States 
Test drive in United States

I took a test drive of an LR4 here in the United States. Overall I was impressed except for a couple of things.

A lof of reviewers both on this board and on other sites mentioned the bumpy ride at low speeds. I did not experience that. Mabye I am not sensitive to it or it could be because the other reviews were done in Europe where the roads might be different. Could the vehicles be built slightly different here in the United States?

I was dissapointed in the power. At 375 horsies I expected a lot more passing accelearation on the freeway. It could be just that I never have had a lead foot and didn't punch the gas pedal enough.

The wind noise was a little excessive, but when the radio is on, I barely noticed it. I estimate that 75% of the time I have the radio on , so it was not a big issue.

I was blown away by the off road downhill autopilot. The dealership had a mini offroad course with a steep 30 foot incline at the end. The vehicle went down the rocky hill automatically without my hands on the steering wheel or foot on the brake or gas. I was blown away. I still can't figure out how that vehicle went down the hill.

I really can't say anything negative about how the vehicle looked on the interior or exterior. The only issue I had was the new cheese grater grill. I prefer the simple girill on the LR3.

Post #52170018th Sep 2009 1:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >