DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

thankful
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
p.wojcik

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
thankful

Just felt the need of throwing it here.

This is my 25th car. Changed to a Disco4 from Infiniti QX70. Had few 4x4's in the past.

Never in my life I felt so confident behind the wheel in the snow as I do now. This car does not care what surface it's on - it just goes. Don't mind throwing money at it. I love this car.

Thank you Land Rover.

Post #189504829th Dec 2017 4:11 pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hear hear!

We don't get much snow in the Midlands but a few weeks ago I was the only one to drive to and from work with ease. And the only one to exit the sloped car park facing forwards at the end of a freezing day. Quite hilarious watching the BMW and Audi brigade slide about all undignified Smile

Love my Disco Thumbs Up
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #189505829th Dec 2017 4:35 pm
NickJ

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yes, but what tyres are you using?

Post #189507329th Dec 2017 5:24 pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

As always I have run with Pirelli Scorpion Zero 255/55 R19 V (for the last 10 years on Discos).

Nowt special for snow - just the magic of the GGS setting and a bit of experience Smile

Cheers.
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #189507629th Dec 2017 5:40 pm
p.wojcik

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Mine's on a set of garbage, no name tyres fitted by the dealer I got the car from. Coopers are coming on in three weeks time.
Drove the qx this morning as the potential buyer coming tomorrow and even though it's on brand new p0 scorpions - it's nowhere near as good.

Post #189507829th Dec 2017 5:48 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Kilovolt wrote:
As always I have run with Pirelli Scorpion Zero 255/55 R19 V (for the last 10 years on Discos).

Nowt special for snow - just the magic of the GGS setting and a bit of experience Smile

Cheers.

Ran my D3 from new for eight years on 4 sets of 18 inch zeros. Ready for replacement when sold. Never any trouble with mildish off-road or snow. No trouble with D4 from new with Wrangler AW 255 55 19 tyres off road or snow. Ready to replace probably with same. As you say experience! Counts for a lot. Used all sorts of tyres over many years in all conditions with confidence. Whatever was on the car when bought. No buttons to press for terrain types. Except the yellow button on the series cars. Thumbs Up
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #189509229th Dec 2017 6:29 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Experience and driving to the conditions. Lots of peeps think they are invincible either in a Disco or with winters on said disco and drive as if there was no snow or ice. There is a ditch waiting for them. Whistle

Post #189509529th Dec 2017 6:33 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Got stuck once in a foot of snow on a country road. Snow built up under the 2a chassis and lifted it off the surface. Sat stationary with four wheels rotating going nowhere. Rolling with laughter An embarrassed reverse after some shovel work fixed it. Thumbs Up
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #189510729th Dec 2017 7:03 pm
KDP Villa

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Totally agree, mine has been amazing in the snow and ice, but is great in all bad weather. I’ve had mine for just over 2 years now, and can’t imagine changing it which is unusual for me as I have changed all my other cars within 2 years previously.
In my opinion the D4 is the ultimate do anything car, it really does everything and more Thumbs Up

Post #189523729th Dec 2017 11:12 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:
Experience and driving to the conditions. Lots of peeps think they are invincible either in a Disco or with winters on said disco and drive as if there was no snow or ice. There is a ditch waiting for them. Whistle

when i had a series many moons ago i thought as it’s 4 x wheel drive i’m invincible

Wrong, Embarassed one hedge and field later , just hit some ice and began to slide and could just hold on, luckily was only doing around 25mph and didn’t hit anyone

taught me a valuable lesson

Post #189525329th Dec 2017 11:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >