Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Thinking about buying a D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Beale Heating

Don’t get me wrong it is a nice vehicle, but they don’t deserve your loyalty.
Matford in my experience are a bad dealer.
They failed to deliver the vehicle twice on agreed dates, when they did I was driving around for 5 days with no tax because they had forgotten to put it in the window!
Then they can’t fix a water leak, I have tried to get a new vehicle out of them and LR, but they have stopped talking to me, so its off with the cherished plates and down to the solicitors.

The magazine reviews are biased, because of all the advertising revenue that they bring in, they are not interested in printing stories like yours and mine because of the corporate cash cow!
 Silver TD6 HSE
Silver with WATER LEAK!! 

Post #42116th Jun 2005 9:33 pm
525EXC

Picked mine up at 6.00pm today. Just got home after an evennings greenlaning with the family. Well chuffed at the moment but time will tell. Trying to think of an excuse to get out again but I'd better eat first.

Mines a manual SE with PTI and a few other bits. First impressions, definately not a mistake.
 D3 SE
KTM 525 EXC Much more fun than 4 wheels 

Post #42146th Jun 2005 9:48 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My DISCO3 has been a constant dream to drive and own. I have aspired to this level of vehicle for years (really wanted a TD5 in its day) and now I can just about afford one I am WELL PLEASED. Will fight tooth an nail to keep it running even if Tony's Cronies keep putting up the cost of motoring.

OK we have had electronic issues, a very very occasional mechanical problem (oil leak)... BUT, and this is the real kicker here... we are a VERY SMALL sample of DISCO3 owners and are also very passionate about our new rides.

This makes us a very small voice to LR (bad on LR for this by the way) and also more likely to share our problems with the group here.

A manufacturer will ALWAYS have some products that have failed the quality control that all the others have passed.

Unfortunately you seem to have 'lucked out' with yours Mr Heating. This I and others really do sympathise with... really do. But you need to ensure that your dealer and legal reps get you a resolution you are happy with. Whatever that may be.

Then you will realise that you have bought an unequalled vehicle in todays market full of pretend 4x4's that offer NO WAY NEAR the versatility of the Discovery 3.

Mine is an exec cruiser in the week, a skip with the seats down for garden rubbish at weekends and when the weathers good... a damn good camping vehicle for the whole family. Recently when setting up for a trade show it became a van full of kit and due to the seating options, I still got three of us into London to set up the event.

This week I will be ferrying around a full compliment of 7 on a road show.

Try all that in an X5, ML, Lexus, Honda etc etc etc.

OH... and it does the green lanes without falling apart too Wink

The only mags likely to be biased are the LR ones... but nearly ALL mags bar one I can remember have out this class act at the top of the list. And still do...

For once you can believe the hype.

Sorry to bite and waffle so long but I love my car and always will !

Cheers,

-s

Post #42186th Jun 2005 10:13 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

You hit the nail on the head, Simon - my sentiments exactly.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #42226th Jun 2005 10:49 pm
Beale Heating

Sorry to have hurt your feelings guys!!
Yep you are a small number of owners, but look at the problems you have had.
I to thought I was buying a prestige vehicle, yep it carry’s lots of people but I took the Vito Dualiner to the River Dart camping last weekend, just in case it rained.
Yours made it to London! Well Done!!!
Good all rounder for a Leaky £42000 Ford!
Don’t take it so personally, its only a car! Twisted Evil
 Silver TD6 HSE
Silver with WATER LEAK!! 

Post #42246th Jun 2005 11:03 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Its made it to more places than London... in fact I get the feeling when driving it that it will get to places others will only be able to watch or read about...

I know its only a car... (mine not quite £42K) but its top of its class currently and I'm not concerned at all that one or two examples have faults as you have experienced. Again I sympathise with you and your leaky windscreen.

My BMW 323i used to leak when the rain was very heavy... apparently the windscreen was not bonded correctly when it was built. They replaced it and it never leaked again.

-s

Post #42297th Jun 2005 7:55 am
Pelyma

England 

My mates A6 had exactly the same problem Audi replaced the car! If your car is through a lease agreement then they are the people you need to speak to reject it and you should do this. I had a delay on a compressor and the dealer agreed if they couldn't fix it in the agreed time (1 week) they would replace the car. I have to say I don't think I can quibble at that. My neighbour has a CLK that he has waited 2 months for a part Shocked . I know of an E class that has the ECU replaced twice in 2 months. My sister works for a BMW dealer X5s are not without their problems either, try full suspension rebuilds. However our feelings depend on how dealers treat us, some are good some are bad!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #42337th Jun 2005 8:27 am
BN

England 

No matter what anyone says, the LR will always have a very strong following and it is known worldwide, whether it leaks, rattles or otherwise. Like Marmite (for our USA friends that in my opinion is disgusting meaty sandwich spread) you will either love it or hate it. I want to be in the love it class please warts and all. There is nothing like a Landy.

This forum has proven one thing, we do moan, but we are loyal owners and users. It has earned me a living for most of my life and saved many others and for that I respect it also.

Post #42367th Jun 2005 8:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >