DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

timed climate/fbh fault help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
timed climate/fbh fault help please

Hi All

I have a 10 plate disco 4 with the factory fitted timed climate, it seems to have stopped working

1, i press the remote fob and the heater starts up making a noise but does not fire, no smoke from inner wheel arch and the auto light on the dial inside the car does not flash

2, sometimes but not all the time the timed climate option on the main menu screen is not lit up its there but all greyed out and i cannot get into the settings it doesnt do anything when i press the screen

3 been reading on here and spoke to Ent tried removing fuse 28 with the ignition on but no different any ideas anyone its taking ages for the car to warm up in a morning Big Cry
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #73319317th Dec 2010 7:24 pm
shawn

surely im not the only one, that makes it even worse Mad
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #73325617th Dec 2010 9:37 pm
shawn

Re: timed climate/fbh fault help please

shawn wrote:

2, sometimes but not all the time the timed climate option on the main menu screen is not lit up its there but all greyed out and i cannot get into the settings it doesnt do anything when i press the screen

so no other D4 owners have had this problem then Question

Crying or Very sad
Post #73357918th Dec 2010 6:05 pm
Ian825

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I have factory fitted timed & remote, but not noticed same as yourself - sorry! mine fires every time (B*gger thats the jinx now)
I only use the remote & have not noticed Question any auto light flashing inside the car, but I will have a look tomorow (or Monday) for the light - I'll also have a look at the timed climate screen to see what that shows when its running if that helps.

Post #73369818th Dec 2010 9:01 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Get it back to the dealers before the Chrimbo break Exclamation Exclamation
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #73370018th Dec 2010 9:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

SHARKYSHARKS wrote:
Get it back to the dealers before the Chrimbo break Exclamation Exclamation

got it booked in on wednesday but have been told they can only do reset, if that fails i'm Censored until early jan they recon Sad
Post #73372418th Dec 2010 9:55 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Give Pete at BAS a call he is well up to speed on this subject he is a site sponsor, very approachable.
Sharks Thumbs Up
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #73372818th Dec 2010 10:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

It does sound odd if I'm honest, it sounds like a config error but that would not cause it to work sometimes and sometimes not.
It may be worth trying to ask them to reload the Asbuilt data with SSD.

Pete

Post #73375418th Dec 2010 11:46 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have had a similar fault for over a year and no one can fix it!!

I don't have timed climate installed, but when the weather gets below 5degrees within the parameters for the fuel burning heater to start, I get a message on the Nav screen that says: "Timed Climate not available, check fuel level and battery"

When this message comes up the FBH does not start. The car takes ages to warm and doesn't run very well for probably 10 mins until properly hot.

I am convinced this is a battery management system problem......the car thinks the battery is too low to start anything but essential systems, sometimes when this fault occurs the heated screens don't come on either.

Q93 had an upgrade for the drivers seat memory module software that made it shut down much quicker, as it was staying active for too long and reducing the surface charge of the battery. I believe this part of Q93 has been modified a couple of times since it's original release, and LR technical have told my repairing dealer to do this upgrade again to try to sort out the problem. This did not work. Car is going to a dealer next week and LR's Regional Technical Manager is supposed to be going to look at the car then.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #73377619th Dec 2010 2:06 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just noticed Pete's suggestion regarding Asbuilt data.

LR technical also suggested this to the dealer and this was tried, but did not work either.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #73377719th Dec 2010 2:08 am
shawn

well i have been to the dealers today regards fbh fault and they have told me its Censored Big Cry

it turns out the module in the FBH is faulty and they have got to fit a new heater as you cannot get the module its all part of the heater so its booked in for early jan to be fixed

shawn
Post #73594822nd Dec 2010 9:29 pm
Ecosse

shawn wrote:
so its booked in for early jan to be fixed

shawn

Bad timing that! as it's an invaluable accessory in this weather if your car is not garaged Very Happy

Post #73597722nd Dec 2010 10:06 pm
shawn

after going to the dealers i have noticed that the timed climate is now lit up again all the time so i tried it off the fob but it never workes

after thinking about it i have just tried setting the time on the screen and it has now fired up i dont get it as the dealer said it was Censored and have ordered a new one

i will keep an eye on it i bet its just luck and it will pack up again soon i think i will keep my mouth shut and just get a new one fitted as it still dont work off the fob
Post #73682224th Dec 2010 4:38 pm
Geo

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Not the only one, mine rarely works D4 2.7 commercial. Never mind, another five months and it won't be needed.

Regards Geo.

Post #73711725th Dec 2010 10:58 am
F355GTS

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

I've Pete's activation of the FBH, twice now inc this morning it is reporting unavailable and to check battery and fuel levels, fuel is fine as it's 3/4 full so I'm guessing battery. it's only happened after the car has not been used for 24 hours or more, ie works day 1 at 8.30 am, day 2 car not used but FBH does run OK at 8.30am , Day 3 fbh does not work at 8.30 am and attempts to make it gives fuel/ battery error

Also noted the engine is very rough for 10 mons or so

Car is April '10 build, no dealer updates done
 Mark  
Post #73739726th Dec 2010 3:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >