Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Today, my D3 officially retired....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I semi retired mine 2 months ago. Fed up with losing money against the company reimbursement rate.
Now use a 207 1.6hdi 90 sport for commuting, getting just over 60mpg (real figures, although the computer is bang on).

£9k got me a one year old 15k miles with ipod connector, decent music, computer, bluetooth, auto lights & wipers, etc etc.

And its a hoot to drive.

But it still isn't the same as driving a D3 Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #76368218th Feb 2011 11:46 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sorry, but it seems those who have a D3 and are struggling are dependent on Company Car Tax, or actually don't own a D3 and it's a company car in the end.......

Mine is privately owned, my name on the V5, and a humble LGV driver (scum working class), and have no problem using mine. Mr. Green

So all this time forum members have belittled me in the past when they actually own Censored all and are privileged to sit in a D3, when never could they afford one.....

Hilarious.......next your be telling me they have found a way to stretch a man to normal height without his bowls taking over his speech

Post #76368718th Feb 2011 11:55 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Mac - mine was bought cash and I still take every opportunity to belittle you Whistle

Gareth's post has got Censored all too do with having money or not, or even being able to buy a D3 or not. Confused

Seriously - you've missed the point. It's about people who use their private car for business purposes and are finding that it just isn't worthwhile. It is actually costing them too much of their own money to use the car for business.
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #76369218th Feb 2011 11:59 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks for your valued contribution Mac Laughing

Now Censored off Thumbs Up
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #76369319th Feb 2011 12:01 am
MacLeod 313

It was'nt aimed at Garath, and I know you TRY and belittle me.......I ignore it, it makes you look sad that you hunt my posts and are compelled to type some Censored you know Censored all about.

Post #76369519th Feb 2011 12:01 am
MacLeod 313

DaveT wrote:
Thanks for your valued contribution Mac Laughing

Now Censored off Thumbs Up

It was'nt aimed at you either. They are the most uneconomical beasts in the market, we know that..........Why oh why are people harping on about it. Live with it, or sell it............plenty of info out there on the stats for the D3, why buy one or opt for one on the compnay car scheme if you canny afford it...

If I am short one week, I use Swmbo's car....Not difficult is it Thumbs Up

Post #76369619th Feb 2011 12:04 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I wasn't hunting your posts Mac, I was reading a fairly interesting discussion until you popped up.
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #76369919th Feb 2011 12:08 am
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

ummm, if it's me mac,, i own mine 100% too ,, paid for 100% and not financed,,, mine spends about as much time in low box as it does in high,,, so fuel gets used quickly,, try it,, you'll see... Whistle

if it's not me then get to the point and say who you're on about... Wink
 one wife.......livid  
Post #76370019th Feb 2011 12:09 am
MacLeod 313

PaulP wrote:

Seriously - you've missed the point. It's about people who use their private car for business purposes and are finding that it just isn't worthwhile. It is actually costing them too much of their own money to use the car for business.

No I have'nt. As a LGV driver for a favourite logistics company that has each truck named Whistle , I have to roam throughout the south and south east, and I even have three courses for my NVQ coming up in Coventry. My company are paying peanuts towards commuting but I drive the D3 cos its brill and could'nt care less....

Its a different perspective

Post #76370419th Feb 2011 12:10 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It's all a game, we know that this is a wealthy forum by all the trading that goes on, who the hell would buy a heated steering wheel, led rear light units, Blackvue cameras, winches, wheels, tyres and other stuff if they were not seriously loaded, and that is NOT including the wedge for the new car in the first place, you just have to Laughing at it all Rolling with laughter

Maybe the site should have a system whereby you can leave your estate to the forum to help subsidies the future generations D3 toys, that way you could die happy knowing you had kept the D3 alive Very Happy

Post #76370519th Feb 2011 12:10 am
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

MacLeod 313 wrote:
Sorry, but it seems those who have a D3 and are struggling are dependent on Company Car Tax, or actually don't own a D3 and it's a company car in the end.......

Mine is privately owned, my name on the V5, and a humble LGV driver (scum working class), and have no problem using mine. Mr. Green

So all this time forum members have belittled me in the past when they actually own Censored all and are privileged to sit in a D3, when never could they afford one.....

Hilarious.......next your be telling me they have found a way to stretch a man to normal height without his bowls taking over his speech

must ad,,, i'm struggling,,, but am not in any way dependant on company car tax,, i'm self employed...

humble LGV driver,,, i thought you were the 2nd guy on the balcony... at the very least i thought you were Hgv,,

one minute you're selling because of some illness,, the next minute you're buying gadgets like there's no tomorrow,, the next day you're selling them, sometimes with red carpet, and then you dont....
 one wife.......livid  
Post #76370719th Feb 2011 12:13 am
NickJ

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Seriously loaded? I'm definately not Crying or Very sad

We've all got to have an interest in something though

Post #76370819th Feb 2011 12:16 am
MacLeod 313

Ad15, yours is a tool.............and an essential piece of equipment towards your trade. I read your replies and yes I symphise with you regarding even the fuel in the saws etc................You are in a predicament, do you rise your fees to compensate running costs?, maybe price yourself out of a quote?.............As an out n out tool, yes you have a problem I would'nt wanna be in.

But for clarification, a D3 is a tool/van/people carrier/luggage hauler etc etc...............we know its economy, cant afford it?, get something cheaper...

I heard on the Radio today Paul that the EU countries reduced fuel costs by 4.8% in recent months, the UK raised theirs and still have a proposed duty hike hanging over us....so you have the best of both worlds in a stunning D3 and cheap fuel

Post #76370919th Feb 2011 12:17 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

NickJ wrote:
Seriously loaded? I'm definately not Crying or Very sad

We've all got to have an interest in something though

I thought you had to be wealthy and have a certain 'large' amount of liquid assets to live in the Isle of Wight Wink

Post #76371419th Feb 2011 12:22 am
MacLeod 313

ad15 wrote:

humble LGV driver.. at the very least i thought you were Hgv,

Sooooooo 90's.............its LGV now, and we have to have a NVQ/CPC to drive the poxy things with 35hrs classroom per year. I got the letter from work today with the NVQ dates in Coventry telling me the feeble amounts I will get in allowance MPG, and have been afforded a van to commute.............. Censored that, the D3 is soooooo much more comfortable.

Post #76371519th Feb 2011 12:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >