Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Todays Rant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
Todays Rant

BT are useless. Our phones at work got cut off yesterday as they had received a letter to cease the lines. When I phoned to find out what on earth was happening, they checked the letter. It seems the name was different, the phone numbers were different and the address was different and they had put it in the wrong file. They didn't even do any basic checks before disconnecting them. When I asked them to switch them back on they said it could take 5 working days, fortunately we had a contact higher up in BT who managed to get them back on the same day, but what a cock up and not even an apology.

Black Horse are even worse, I won't bother you with the details, but if you ever wondered why our banks are in such a state, then look no further.

That is the end of todays rant.

Post #49848522nd Jul 2009 2:20 pm
Little 5

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

how did you phone them when your connection was cut?
 You May Think I Said What You Thought I Said But What You Thought I Said I Did Not

MEMBER OF CLUB WEBER BBQ and
10FORCASH CLAN 

Post #49850922nd Jul 2009 2:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #49851022nd Jul 2009 2:52 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

I have a well trained pigeon Whistle

Post #49851322nd Jul 2009 2:54 pm
the kergan

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yep BT are the pitts, wouldnt let them anywhere near my business phone or internet lines
 I have something to say! It's better to burn out... than to fade away!  
Post #49851422nd Jul 2009 2:55 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I got home to the other day to find my new BThomehub sat near my back door in the pouring rain

Note says it was left there the day i went on holiday so it was stood out for the best part of 10 days

BT's answer "Have you unpacked the item and tested it, you might find the plastic packaging has kept it dry" Shocked

I love the feeling of electrocution plugging wet electric items into the mains but i declined their offer

Post #49851722nd Jul 2009 3:01 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

BT have also excelled themselvs with me this week. After having my Internet disconnected for the third time in three months for none payment (we pay in advance Rolling Eyes ) I asked for an account summary to show bill payments. (Plus the Homehub dying although that took 8 weeks to diagnose successfully)

I have received a nice 10 page itemised account of service charges which totals -£2,141.12 at the end of Page 10

However the Statement of Account Summary at teh top of page 1 says......

Total from previous bill £1,258.53
Payments made this bill-£1,258.53
Failed Payments £1,258.53
Balance from previous bill £1,258.53
Total Amount due for this bill -£2484.98
Total now due -£1,226.45

Shocked Shocked Neutral

Does this mean I have made a profit? Neutral
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #49851922nd Jul 2009 3:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
adam

United Kingdom 

Ask for a refund payment PDQ

Post #49852222nd Jul 2009 3:15 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Yep your right about BT Censored s. The number of times I went without phones when I had retail shops was unbelievable Shocked

As for Black Horse, well they are in a Censored league of their own

Post #49852722nd Jul 2009 3:34 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Nah, I Love BT.
NTL came and cabled our road and cut the BT cable under ground somewhere. I spoke to the workers to complain and they told us it was due to BT policy; i.e. they were fined about £200 for cutting a cable but BT charged them £500 to survey for where the cables were...inspired policy that.

BT were contacted next, very helpful help desk, and they sent out an engineer with a ground scanner. Pavement marked at position on NTL trench (NTL had already filled it in) 2 man crew turns up and digs a hole next day.

A week later, another crew turns up and fills it in. No one visited whilst the hole was open, oh no.
The cable fixing crew turned up the following week to find a filled in hole.

Nothing happened for a week so I rang BT. They said it had been fixed. I asked them how they knew it was fixed if they hadn't rung me. They said that the repair crew had attended and of course it was fixed, which is why they had closed the fault ticket.
I asked them why they had so radically changed their dial tone without telling me and the guy fell for it and asked what it sounded like. It's a pure hiss free silence I said. Ticket reopened.

Next week we had crew one out to dig the hole (they chose an arbitrary different location), and crew three filled it in a few days later. No sign of crew two at all.

Back to the help desk who were bemused why I was once again complaining about something for which the ticket had been closed. I insisted that they sent someone to fix it. This time a real engineer turned up with a scanner, only he traced from the house not the green box. Break found directly in front of the house exactly where the NTL trench crossed. I estimate that the other two holes were dug about 20M and 30M away from the house. This engineer consults his survey plans from when the cables were laid in the estate and says Nope, no cables of ours over there Shocked

Anyway engineer says I have a choice, either he can repair the cut or bring a spare pair from the house next door. To help me choose, he asks what line quality was like; crap I say so he recommends he wire from next door as they had a new cable from the green box about a year earlier. Fix took a total of 1 hour from the time he turned up, and that included enough time for a chat, two coffees and a load of biscuits. Line quality was ace after the repair, a million times better than the crackly nightmare we'd had before.

So you've read all this and you wonder, was I being sarcastic when I said I loved BT? No I wasn't. Compensation for loss of service was about £50 a week, along with cover for mobile phone expenses, so I was about £300 up across the 5 weeks of the issue.

Thanks to BT, I went 5 weeks without any cold calls, 5 weeks without any calls from my office and 5 weeks without midnight calls requesting a taxi. And for that "inconvenience" they paid me £300. I love BT Laughing
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #49867322nd Jul 2009 9:14 pm
blowpipe

England 

You BT haters really want to sign up for an 18 month contract with TalkTalk to experience a stupendously terrible service.

Yup, they're 'competitive', but as is always the case you get what you pay for.

From the appallingly inefficient broadband (you'll be lucky to to spend a few days without the service dropping out) to their ludicrous Delhi call centres (on hold for ages, redirected then being cut off is a desperately familiar experience), they have poor service down to a fine art.

BT are wonderful in comparison....

Post #49868322nd Jul 2009 9:33 pm
countrywide

Well it hasn't got any better, our phones were switched back on again but it seems the number which comes up on people's display is not our's. Also the DDI numbers have been changed to new one's, without any discussion.

When they connected us back up, they also decided to sign us up for a new 3 year contract Thud

I had to place an order with sales to get our old direct dial numbers back, even though I didn't ask for them to be ceased.

BT you are Censored useless.

Post #50209331st Jul 2009 7:45 am
slipware

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Re: Todays Rant

countrywide wrote:

Black Horse are even worse, I won't bother you with the details, but if you ever wondered why our banks are in such a state, then look no further.

That is the end of todays rant.

I second this! Plus, I'd like to nominate SKY as being useless, and impossible to get hold of!!
 If you never try, you'll never know...  
Post #50212431st Jul 2009 9:14 am
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
second this! Plus, I'd like to nominate SKY as being useless, and impossible to get hold of!!

you need a friend that works for sky..... Whistle
 one wife.......livid  
Post #50214131st Jul 2009 10:07 am
BLACK BETTY

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

dont get me started on those sky Censored holes

considering sending a special brown parcel to the accounts section in scotland for the special; attn of a team leader called mary, from sth Armagh with love and bess wishes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.

Also appears 9/10 of stopping is stopping in time

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DiscoReaper&view=videos 

Post #50216631st Jul 2009 11:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >