Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Took Out Warranty - Turbo went 3 days later:covered or not?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
G_Cam

Scotland 2013 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 3
Took Out Warranty - Turbo went 3 days later:covered or not?

Hi All

My LR (D3 08MY manual) warranty expired on 28th May.
Due to moving house etc... I only took out a warranty (Warranty Direct) mid June.
My car packed up without warning 3 days later!

the Last 3 times it has been in to the main dealer I have complained about lack of power. They said its ok as we can find no fault. Now the Turbo has gone!

I read that its a common fault and that being light footed as I am (av 35mpg) this may be the cause. The later MY's have a software upgrade to try to prevent it happening.

So the question is:

1. Will WD cover me (They are now saying Its not covered for anything for the 1st 90 days!) I'm still in the colling off period.... so can cancel and put the £525 toward the repair

2. Can I claim against LR given that I have complained before (its with the main dealer at the moment and they have diagnosed the turbo failure with only 1k miles since the service last month!)

FYI LR are asking all sorts of questions about 'loyalty etc..' I have a 92MY 110 Defender and have just purchased a 05MY Freelander commercial for my partners business. So I'm very Land Rover loyal.

Post #81263730th Jun 2011 4:15 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

The problem with Warranty Direct is that you didn't come from a warranty, so they do have a exclusion in it.

I would have thought Land Rover would help, don't know the exact details but there is a 6 year statutory failure protection on cars, but it depends on mileage, servicing etc.

did you always have it serviced at a main dealer.

Post #81263930th Jun 2011 4:19 pm
G_Cam

Scotland 2013 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi - that is interesting...is that a common fact?

Yes - always at the main dealer (but different ones and I did not buy it new from a dealer). The prevous (last) service was around 5 weeks and 1k miles ago! Even got them to check it AGAIN for the lack of power....the reply was 'its showing mo fault so its OK'!

On the phone WD told me it would be covered from day 1 and that the Turbo cover would be included as they were giving me a free upgrade on the cover that I was quoted for! This was not at my request but they offered it (as I pointed out to the WD claims department!). I had asked for a quote a few months back, but due to the house move It had dropped down the list of priorities!

Post #81267430th Jun 2011 5:53 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

To be fair the clause warranty direct will use is either wear and tear or pre existing fault as it was only a short time.

I guess it really was sudden failure so maybe it should be covered, but I think it would depend on mileage again for the wear and tear element.

As for the 6 year thing I don't know the rules, but worth asking somebody who does, I have seen it quoted several times in car reports in magazines

Post #81268030th Jun 2011 6:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >