Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

leaky suspension now stuck in (not quite) normal ride height
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bwall027

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
leaky suspension now stuck in (not quite) normal ride height

had suspension droop for a couple of months max, but which has been getting worse and now nearly on bump stops after 24 hrs or so. I knew I needed to get on and fix it asap so as not damage the compressor, but it had still taking it back up to normal ride height each time without any apparent problem.

I am fairly sure it's the front valve block, as with relevant fuses removed or battery disconnected front end drops quite rapidly. the rear doesn't budge a mm for a long time, but eventually will go down as well overnight (perhaps there's a secondary leak?)

I was going to remove, strip and clean the valve block but sadly not had time to deal with it, was ironically going to do next weekend Rolling Eyes .
This weekend however the vehicle wasn't moved, so totally on bump stops this morning. When I started it up the compressor didn't bring it up to normal height as normal, amber light and fault stuck in normal ride height came on.
I drove along a short distance, then stopped, restarted car and on the second time of doing this, the compressor brought the rear up and the front part way up. I drove on to work and there was no further improvement - presumably the compressor may have shut off due to temperature, although I've been out of work to move the car and there's no change, still getting the amber light and fault after a few seconds and no height change.
I really hope I've not overworked the compressor and stuffed it, the 60A/20A fuses are ok.

I'm just worried now that it's going to be back on the bump stops in the morning and not going to rise at all, so I won't even be able to get it to the garage if I had to

I'd like to get compressor functioning again and keep the system regularly pumped up until the weekend so I can then investigate the cause properly.
I've spent an hour trolling through the site and not found this specific issue, unfortunately I don't have any particularly local access to someone who can plug in and check fault codes.
can you 'reset' the suspension ecu through a hard reset through disconnecting the battery?
any suggestions would be gratefully received,

Post #118945318th Nov 2013 5:49 pm
bwall027

further to last, compressor runs with a link wire across the relay, tried a hard reset (although I assumed unlikely to work as the fault light/message only comes up after the compressor hasn't fired).

car now impersonating a low rider bouncing along on the bump stops (and no epb, plus bearing gone somewhere, plus leaking steering rack, not having much luck really....)

Post #118975319th Nov 2013 10:00 am
bigtam64

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Is it an option to remove air suspension and compressor
And retro fit springs got similar prob with mine
But not as bad yet ?
Doug
 Weekends are to short
Egr valves removed 

Post #119032020th Nov 2013 10:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bwall027

had no choice but to take mine to indy in the end - tortuous journey there on bump stops. replacement compressor required - although it was running, it was rough and shorting inside apparently, very likely overworked due to how much air was leaking out. Sadly just had to let them get on and order a new one, hopefully fitted today. I'm just going to let them repair the leak as well, although am 99% sure it is the front cross link valve given the way the front was dropping equally with system disconnected.

Important lesson learned.... for anyone else who has a fairly rapid suspension leak - DO NOT CHANCE LEAVING IT TOO LONG!

Post #119126722nd Nov 2013 11:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >